• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SoS 99 Zanardi JH4NA2120XT000134

Is anyone familiar with the SoS 99 Zanardi (JH4NA2120XT000134) currently listed for sale on NSXPrime? I am interested in purchasing a Zanardi and would like to know more about this one. Do you know of any other Zanardi for sale?

You may PM or email me if you'd like.
Thanks for the help.

Re: SoS 99 Zanardi

I know of one other that has been for sale in the past year and didn't sell. The owner is just out of his mind for what he thinks it's worth. Trust me, it's not worth mentioning. As you probably know, three Zanardi's sold last week, and I'd say that's a rarity. I don't know anything aout Chris's, but I'm certain some members will help you out there. If it doesn't work out, be preparred to be patient. Best of luck.

Thanks for the feedback. I am also considering a 95 Midnight Pearl 33k miles, supercharged, lowered, Work wheels, excellent condition for $42,500. But it would seem the 99 Zanardi @ $46k would be a better deal. A little concerned about the 46k mileage on the Zanardi (i.e.; what higher mileage would do the value of the Zanardi over the long run). What's your opinion of the Zanardi sale price and mileage?

I drove the SOS Zanardi, and it is an awesome drive. My NSX is heavily modded, and the Zanardi felt like it is just as quick, and fun to drive.

I wouldn't be too concerned with the mileage. It is still fairly low for an NSX engine. Unless your goal is to buy a garage queen or a Zanardi as a pure investment, I'd highly suggest you drive the SOS Zanardi and give it a good look over.

If I were to buy the SOS Zanardi, I'd buy it with all the mods, and just keep the stock pieces in the garage.

However, my wife has stated that she doesn't want me to buy another NSX. :(

I've also had the chance to drive Chris' Zanardi during NSXPO and it was indeed very nice! If I could buy another one that would be the one that I'd choose undoubtedly....simply a blast to drive. Like Frank mentioned I'd definitely keep the aftermarket parts on there, certainly the performance items at the least and of course the NSX-R spoiler too. :smile:

You can also feel very confident purchasing the car from Chris. He is a stand up guy with a vast knowledge of the NSX so you're not in jeopardy of receiving an abused car with hidden issues. Best wishes.

NsXMas said:
I drove the SOS Zanardi, and it is an awesome drive. My NSX is heavily modded, and the Zanardi felt like it is just as quick, and fun to drive.

I wouldn't be too concerned with the mileage. It is still fairly low for an NSX engine. Unless your goal is to buy a garage queen or a Zanardi as a pure investment, I'd highly suggest you drive the SOS Zanardi and give it a good look over.

If I were to buy the SOS Zanardi, I'd buy it with all the mods, and just keep the stock pieces in the garage.

However, my wife has stated that she doesn't want me to buy another NSX. :(

Get the divorce lawyer ready!!! :biggrin:

I think the car is a good deal. Think of it this way...would you rather buy a car from someone who owns a shop and works on that type of car all the time...or buy from someone who may/may not have properly maintained the car? I saw the car at NSXPO and it looks good. I would say it is safe to say the car had been driven...but not abused! That's my take. Good luck but I'd buy it for that price! My $.02!!!

fangtl said:
Just do a search on "JH4NA2120XT000134"

There are about 15 threads to sort through.
I'm not sure what your point is.

I've read those threads a while back and am very familiar with the opinions offered.

However, that's all they are - opinions. SOS has had the car for quite some time now, and a lot of people, including me, have seen the car up close and in person, and have even driven it.

The car is solid. I'm not going to be basing a car solely on some other members' early opinions based upon a quick look at the car.

This car has been thoroughly inspected and maintained by SOS, so I'd rather trust their experience than just some sentence or two from a few other threads.

fangtl said:
I don't know why but this reply really rubs me the wrong way.

Most of the comments from this thread are from people who have seen the car in person, and some even have driven it.

What's this "research before you comment" BS?

Have you seen the car in person? Have you driven it?

I'm kind of peeved by this reply.

I guess this is Valentine's Day and I've got PMS, but I'm irritated. :mad:

pbassjo said:
Rubs you wrong? Why should it make a difference to you? What's the harm done?

His post said research before you commit not comment as it appears in your response. Perhaps you read it wrong and are taking exception to something you mis-interpreted. They are two different meanings after all.

Some of those threads refer to poor fit, poor finish and body repair work and indicate past collision damage. Were all those issues non-existent?
The comments in those threads are also from "people who have seen the car in person".
Research before you commit is sound advice on any major purchase, particularly a car.
I don't understand your anger.
Sorry, I read it as "comment".

Those threads are certainly from people who have seen it in person, but who have not had the car on a rack, gone over it with a fine tooth comb like SOS has.

A few initial negative comments about that NSX seems to have sealed its fate in the minds of those who have read/posted in those threads, which is very unfortunate. And it seems to snowball from there.

My evil plot to make the car worthless through propaganda is suceeding. Soon I will be able to aquire the SOS car for 500 Rubles and 2 camel poop patties! AHHHH HHHAAA HHHAAA AAAAAA HHHHHHAAAAAAA HHHAAAAAAA HHHHHAAAAAA(think evil Vincent Price laugh):biggrin:

Back