• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Special NSX marque event at Irvine C&C

Re: **Special NSX marque event at Irvine C&C**

For those interested in a pre-meeting area and parade entrance, let me suggest the following...

First of all, the C&C event officially starts at 7 AM. Second, I made a promise to the event organizers to be there early (NLT 6:30 AM) to help direct the NSX arrivals to the proper parking area. Third, it will take time for 30+ cars arriving all at the same time to park, etc. My point is, we want the parade group all parked well before 7 AM. A little contingency time is called for as well.

So... my suggestion is to meet at the Metro Pointe shopping center parking lot, as was done before, at 5:30 AM. I know that sounds really early, but cars will be arriving late as you know. We park our cars in two side-by-side rows with the noses at a 45-degree angle and car-width space down the middle- as with angled parking. This will both look cool and make for some great photo opportunities. Owners can be standing in front of their cars without blocking them. Some time for chit-chat is also needed.

At 6:15 AM sharp, the front two cars lead the pack southbound on Jamboree to the 5 freeway and to our destination. We arrive at around 6:25 AM. This allows time to have everyone parked before 6:45 AM.

Meeting a couple of miles away allows a little time for that awesome parade experience. I'd like to be one of the two front cars to park first at C&C and take pictures of the parade group making their arrival- part of that contingency time I mentioned.

Sound good? We have plenty of time to entertain other suggestions. Once we agree on a plan, I can attach a map to show the staging area and route to the C&C event.

We have plenty of time to entertain other suggestions. Once we agree on a plan, I can attach a map to show the staging area and route to the C&C event.

Your idea is good. It would be just as effective to meet at either Costco (as coolNSX suggested) or at the Irvine Spectrum. Both of these locations have large open areas to stage cars and is really close to PAG. Additionally, those coming from the opposite direction do not have to back-track to PAG.

Just my $.02

Irvine spectrum is the best bet. Because we dont want to get on the freeway. Cars will get split up. Spectrum is right down the street from the car show and is literally like a 2 min drive max. And we dont have to get there at 530.

Meet on the roof of the parking structure.

Get there at 6 and leave at 625.

I Googled the Spectrum and also did a map search to determine the location of the parking structure. Looks like there are two. One is at the termination of Gateway. Between the two, this one seems to be the natural choice. I attached a link to the map. Does anyone know if this parking structure is always open so we have unrestricted access to the roof? We need to be sure about details.

I concur that meeting at 5:30 is too early. Meeting on the roof of the Gateway Spectrum parking structure is convenient but only provides a short parade route. I suppose avoiding the freeway is a good thing. However, a parade that utilizes the freeway can also be fun IMO.

I have no strong opinion about this. I just want to be sure we allow enough time for everyone who joins the staging group to arrive, have a brief chance to mingle, take photos, and for the parade group to arrive at C&C at or before 6:30 AM. Thanks for putting forth your ideas guys.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...56,-117.745349&spn=0.007841,0.012199&t=h&z=17

If we're going to try to roll 40+ NSX's in together we need someone with a good camcorder at the entry :tongue:

I like the idea of rolling down the highway to the event. Nothing much, maybe 3-5 miles worth. Traffic at 6-6:60 am Sunday should be non existent. Perhaps a meeting place on the west side of I-5 or I-405, to avoid any lights to the on-ramp. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Regards,

Danny

Even that early in the morning coordinating 40+ cars through multiple intersections is going to be a pain in the arce.

Anyone know what the circled parking lot is for? It's right next to the on-ramp on Jeffrey Rd. Another option is the shopping center across the street.

jeffrd.jpg

Even that early in the morning coordinating 40+ cars through multiple intersections is going to be a pain in the arce.

Where's your frigin' Christmas Spirit?

Anyone know what the circled parking lot is for? It's right next to the on-ramp on Jeffrey Rd. Another option is the shopping center across the street.

jeffrd.jpg

The circled area is the Park and Ride lot.

How about Costco? One light to Alton, turn right over I-5 to first right and we're there? Plus Anytime will throw in big time if we start at a Costco! Much Love to Tina!!

Where's your frigin' Christmas Spirit?

This event is way after Xmas, so no friggin spirit left over. hahahahaha

This event is way after Xmas, so no friggin spirit left over. hahahahaha

Scott.............the key is keeping the holiday spirit year round, dude! :biggrin:

Scott.............the key is keeping the holiday spirit year round, dude! :biggrin:

Ba Humbug!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

One thing I don't like about the Irvine Spectrum is that its access roads have pretty bad speed bumps, making it pretty difficult for some of us to keep the caravan together. If I remember correctly, it's much more worse on the west side. I think the east side was okay.

One thing I don't like about the Irvine Spectrum is that its access roads have pretty bad speed bumps, making it pretty difficult for some of us to keep the caravan together. If I remember correctly, it's much more worse on the west side. I think the east side was okay.

Speed bumps and other obstacles are good points to bring up. For one, my car will not negotiate anything but a small speed bump. I simply avoid them. I'm sure there are many others with lowered cars and/or high profile wheels. So, where ever we meet as a staging area must be car friendly. A car friendly location can only be verified by someone with intimate knowledge of an area or someone willing to go onsite to check it out.

We have plenty of time to decide. The reason I suggested Metro Pointe is that it has already been done before (I presume car friendly and such) and avoids having to scope-out something new. We're not going to all agree on the same thing. Whatever we do agree upon must be a car friendly location with no speed bumps. Does anyone know if Metro Pointe is car friendly?

We have met at the spectrum roof before. There are no bumps of any kind and they are open that early. When you get to PAG i usually go through the EXIT side. Because there is a speed bump on the entrance side and i Scrape. So if your really low go in on the Left.

Whats nice about the spectrum is that its close to the Show. Only like 2 turns you have to make. Easy to get there and no chance of really getting lost.

We should meet on the structure Across the street from dave and busters. Its the Parking Garage you can see from the 405. NOT THE ONE BY THE THEATRE.

The Exit is called IRVINE CENTER

Heres a map :biggrin:

mapcopy.jpg

Last edited:

We have met at the spectrum roof before. There are no bumps of any kind and they are open that early. When you get to PAG i usually go through the EXIT side. Because there is a speed bump on the entrance side and i Scrape. So if your really low go in on the Left.

Whats nice about the spectrum is that its close to the Show. Only like 2 turns you have to make. Easy to get there and no chance of really getting lost.

We should meet on the structure Across the street from dave and busters. Its the Parking Garage you can see from the 405. NOT THE ONE BY THE THEATRE.

The Exit is called IRVINE CENTER

Heres a map :biggrin:

mapcopy.jpg

Hi Erick,

First, thanks for your input. The map you are using is an old one. The map URL I attached in my Dec. 13 reply is newer and shows there are now two parking structures- the one you are referring to and the one near the 5 freeway at the end of Gateway. I suppose it doesn't matter which one we meet at. The main thing are speed bumps. I don't know if either parking structure offers more car friendly access.

I will most likely attend a C&C event prior to the 31st. Assuming I do, I can check things out to confirm the meeting place and parade route we intend to take. If anyone else is able or willing to do that sooner, all the better to confirm this for our group.

Steve

Last edited:

Dang, thats a big list. I don't want to be left out...

1. YellowHaze
2. coolnsx
3. ss_md (70% chance)
4. nsx-tee
5. Racerxjling
6. AlexN
7. CDX_NSX
8. lowellhigh79
9. mpkr91
10. Mark G
11. eNeSeX 95T
12. UFO
13. KJ5000
14. mmmikemo
15. ryu
16. X-toy
17. vtecNSX1
18. DASHNBY
19. Tpagannsx
20. FuryNSX
21. c30vtec
22. Erick
23.FLYN_LOW
24. drjb
25. Manh3
26. NSXrunner
27. Mike-san
28. warren1205
29. Prospeed
30. Sicarius82
31. G-ster
32. Scorp965
33. Nsxsupra
34. icefire
35. Ca AGNSX
36. Big_D

Is there anyone who lives or commutes close to the Spectrum that can verify entry to and from either parking structure, especially the one at the end of Gateway? That is, check for speed bumps, nasty road conditions, etc?

1. YellowHaze
2. coolnsx
3. ss_md (70% chance)
4. nsx-tee
5. Racerxjling
6. AlexN
7. CDX_NSX
8. lowellhigh79
9. mpkr91
10. Mark G
11. eNeSeX 95T
12. UFO
13. KJ5000
14. mmmikemo
15. ryu
16. X-toy
17. vtecNSX1
18. DASHNBY
19. Tpagannsx
20. FuryNSX
21. c30vtec
22. Erick
23.FLYN_LOW
24. drjb
25. Manh3
26. NSXrunner
27. Mike-san
28. warren1205
29. Prospeed
30. Sicarius82
31. G-ster
32. Scorp965
33. Nsxsupra
34. icefire
35. Ca AGNSX
36. Big_D
37. Wirewizz

Hi Erick,

First, thanks for your input. The map you are using is an old one. The map URL I attached in my Dec. 13 reply is newer and shows there are now two parking structures- the one you are referring to and the one near the 5 freeway at the end of Gateway. I suppose it doesn't matter which one we meet at. The main thing are speed bumps. I don't know if either parking structure offers more car friendly access.

I will most likely attend a C&C event prior to the 31st. Assuming I do, I can check things out to confirm the meeting place and parade route we intend to take. If anyone else is able or willing to do that sooner, all the better to confirm this for our group.

Steve

1st off my name is matt :tongue:

2nd off i have been to both parking structures countless times in the NSX for movies and such. Like i said in the previous posts there are no speedbumps on the path we need to take to get to PAG or inside/infront of the structures. Unless they put one in like 1 week ago. which i doubt. The only speed bump is the one AT THE ENTRANCE of Pag. People with low cars should enter in on the EXIT side.

This spot has worked before for meets at this car show. We met on the one closer to the 405 but the other one will work to.

If we meet at the spectrum No one has to backtrack. People coming from south don't have to go north again.

Steve, You can check it out for yourself next time u go to PAG. Its a good spot.

The decision is in your hands.....

It would be good if we could get an opinion from those who went to the one last year on the drive from Metro Pointe.

It would certainly be nice to be able to do a short convoy over to PAG.

It would be good if we could get an opinion from those who went to the one last year on the drive from Metro Pointe.

It would certainly be nice to be able to do a short convoy over to PAG.

+1 for Metro Pointe! Hehe I could care less where we meet but lets figure something easy to get to and with the least amount of speed bumps!

Oh Metro Pointe has no speed bumps and a starbucks! :wink:

I agree with CDX NSX, It would be nice for all of us to do a convoy instead of going from one parking lot to the next. If that was the case we might as meet at the C&C event. But like I said I'm down for whatevers! Maybe you can do a Poll Steve. Let the majority rule! lol

First, sorry about getting your name wrong, Matt (eNeSeX 95T).

Ok guys. Before this thread turns into the Hatfields vs. the McCoys, let's cast our votes for a parade ride staging venue. I don't think this decision should be up to me. I'm a consensus-type. So, the two venues are Metro Pointe shopping center parking lot and one of the two Spectrum parking structures. Can someone tell me the exact location of the Metro Pointe location? Is it El Camino Real and Jamboree and if so which lot (SE or SW)? See URL showing map. If possible, please attache the map with some kind of mark showing the exact location.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...24,-117.792352&spn=0.007835,0.012199&t=h&z=17

Next, it's time to cast your Parade Route Staging Area venue vote. For those who have an opinion, please add your name to the list below:

NSX userID________Metro Pointe_____Spectrum
YellowHaze____________X

Last edited:
Back