• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

spoiler quick disconnect????

I guess maybe this should have gone into the DIY section so Mods feel freel to move it if this thread should belong there.

I was told awhile back that there was a quick disconnect for the rear spoiler? Is that true? Where is it if so? I really don't want to cut the wires and resplice them. I want to get under my spoiler and do a more detailed cleaning. I got some marks (dirty water marks) by where the spoiler sits on the trunk that I want to clean off but can't get to it with a rag. Also since the spoiler is off I was going to put a good coat of wax on the entire car since that section doesn't have a lot room to do a good job.

Yes it's true. When you unbolt the spoiler you will see the connector on the driver's side of the car.

Right by where the spoiler is bolted or further down?

Here, circled in bold black.

-DREW-

Thanks I will take a look at it this weekend.

Hijacker thanks if I go a type R spoiler(which I have, but haven't installed, I will look into wiring those up. The car looks so good both ways :tongue:

I am not seeing this disconnect. I see where the line goes into the trunk lid. There is what looks like a rubber piece that water proofs the trunk lid, but nothing that appears that you can just disconnect. I don't want to tug on that if its suppose to be there.

Not as far as I can tell. There is some spongy foam wrapped around the wire for chaff control, but nothing that I can see. I'll take a photo.

tn2.jpg

Last edited:
Unbolt the spoiler and raise it up in the back with someone else holding it and remove the screws holding the light assembly to the spoiler. Pull the light from the spoiler and disconnect the plug on the back of the light.

When you reinstall, make sure the wiring goes behind the supports that are behind the light assembly or the light won't go far enough in.

Mike

Last edited:
Unbolt the spoiler and raise it up in the back with someone else holding it and remove the screws holding the light assembly to the spoiler. Pull the light from the spoiler and disconnect the plug on the back of the light.

When you reinstall, make sure the wiring goes behind the supports that are behind the light assembly or the light won't go far enough in.

Mike

oh ok I didn't think it was that far in the spoiler.

The connection is behind the rubber seal. It is a pain to remove. check your PM.
Here is a pic of my old wire. In the photo to the right is the connection to the taillight.

-DREW-

Last edited:
Found it the connector was wedged in the trunklid in a way where I couldn't see it. Thanks Prime

Back