• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Spped Star 18" wheels, $350

Status
Not open for further replies.
NSX Aftermarket Wheels for Sale:
Speed Star Co. LTD. Evolution Export Model, 3 piece wheels
Front: 18 x 8.5 (+37 offset) with 225/35/18 Pirelli Assimetrico tires (0% tread remaining).
Rear: 18 x 9.5 (+43 offset) with 275/35/18 Pirelli Assimetrico tires (30% tread remaining).
$350. obo + shipping.

I recently bought a ’98 NSX. It had the stock wheels on it. But it also came with this set of wheels. Unfortunately, one of the front wheels is bent. I was planning to have the wheel straightened, clean up the wheels, and sell them for a lot more than what I am asking now. But they have been sitting in my garage and I haven’t touched them. So maybe one of you guys are willing to put a little TLC into these wheels and end up of with a nice set of wheels for a great price.

Unfortunately with the bent wheel which also had a flat tire, I have not driven the car with the wheels installed to confirm that they don’t rub. However, checking the inside of the wheel wells for signs of rubbing only showed slight rubbing on the front from when the steering was turned all the way to full lock position. The bag of goodies that came with the wheels include lug nuts, wheels locks, and 2 very thin spacers (maybe 2mm). Perhaps those were used on the front to eliminate the rubbing.

Wheel Techniques of Mountain View, CA looked at the wheel and quoted $200 to repair it. Since the center hub is straight, they will break down the wheel, straighten the outer pieces, put it back together and polish the lip.

The best I can tell is the center (main) piece is chromed alloy or magnesium, the 2 outer sections are alloy with the outside section being polished.

There a couple of small places where the chrome has chipped a bit. It is only noticeable from very close up. Also, the plastic center cover plates have the “chrome” paint peeling or fading (not the large nut, just the flat plate behind the nut). I bought a can of “chrome” paint, but have not used it. I’m sure that sanding and repainting the cover plates and painting the small chipped chrome spots on the wheels will look just fine.

The outside rim edges have some minor curb rash. I didn’t have it quoted, but I’d guess it shouldn’t be too expensive to re-polish the outside lips where needed. That along with the repairs above will give you a very nice set of wheels for cheap.

Check out the link below for pictures:
http://www.geocities.com/carmarvar/nsxwheels.html

Thanks.
Dan

Attachments

• 03r750.jpg
    03r750.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 731
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back