• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Spring 2009 AR Boston Mountains Tour (BMT09) 3/21!

Info on the Spring Boston Mountains Tour is up! Please see the official Spring BMT09 thread in the Ark-La-Tex forum on s2ki.com: http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=666125

Videos from previous BMTs: Fall 2008 and Fall 2007.

25 cars from 5 different states have already confirmed! :eek:

3-21Flyerv3.jpg

Last edited:
Todate, 38 sports cars from 6 states are planning on attending this event. If you have not run one of these AR Boston Mountain Tours, you have missed some great spirited touring!

jmoore2k
NW Arkansas
Black Stealth S2000

This event is THIS Saturday!

Here's a summary of some important details for all participants:

Starting point: Best Western Inn of the Ozarks located in Eureka Springs, AR (click here for map).
When: Saturday, March 21, 2009 - arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. Sign-in and packet distribution will begin by 8:15 am. Bring in your valid driver's license and current insurance verification to the event registration. Please arrive promptly and with a full tank. We need to hit the road promptly at 9:30 a.m.
Things to consider bringing: Two-way radios, sunscreen, cameras, camera mounts, tripods, basic tools - just in case (socket set, pliers, wrenches), Fix-a-Flat, spare fuses, basic first aid kit, cash for official BMT-shirts.

Packets containing instructions/directions for the entire route will be distributed Saturday morning at event registration.

Don't forget to check your fluids and tire pressures! Also, please take a few minutes to read this article: Tips for a Successful Group Drive. There may be a quiz!

Last edited:
Hi Folks, I just want to remind those coming to the AR Spring BMT09 to bring your cell phone (with a full charge) on Saturday morning.
The current weather forecast for NW Arkansas is: NO RAIN/
20 March, Friday, Partly Cloudy, Hi temp 62, night low 30 deg. F.
21 March, Saturday, Partly Cloudy, Hi temp 68, night low 44 deg. F.
22 March, Sunday, Partly Cloudy, Hi temp 70, night low 50 deg. F.

jmoore2k
NW Arkansas
Black Stealth S2000

This morning's (Friday) FOAA weather forecast for NW Arkansas on Saturday, 21 March, is in AM--Partly Sunny, daytime high temp of low 60's, with AM chance of showers (40%); PM--Slight Chance of Rain (20%), and Saturday night: Mostly Cloudy with Low temps in upper 40s.
The 2009 Spring Boston Mountain Tour is ON!

jmoore2k
NW Arkansas
Black Stealth S2000

No vids up yet, but here are the few pictures Vic took using Jerome's camera at the end of the day:

JMBMT09_009.jpg

JMBMT09_010.jpg

JMBMT09_011.jpg

JMBMT09_012.jpg

JMBMT09_013.jpg

JMBMT09_014.jpg

JMBMT09_015.jpg

JMBMT09_016.jpg

JMBMT09_017.jpg

It was chilly and rained all morning and the first half of the afternoon so I imagine it was tough to shoot thru wet windshields. The forecast didn't show more than a 30% chance of rain until it was too late. Otherwise we would have postponed it. Regardless, it was still a blast! There are a few more pix and post-drive comments on page 10. Still waiting for some more folks to post pix. They're probabry just exhausted and still trying to recover. :D

Last edited:
Wow, the wife and I arrived in hotsprings Sat. around 3:00pm for a 3 day visit and it was beautiful everyday except today. Wish I could've made that.:frown: Anyway I enjoyed 3 days of beautiful twisty roads.:biggrin:

Yes we did. I could definately live up there, but I feel the NSX would land me in jail:rolleyes: with such twisty roads, LOL.

Back