• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Steering Wheel Vibration - Exhausted almost all avenues!

So I'm 3 months into ownership of my NSX. New territory, but I've learned quite a bit from this message board and reading various write-ups.

As with any build I do, maintenance has come first.

In the past 3 months, I've installed Tein Flex Z coilovers, brand new ESR 18" wheels with Federal SS-595 tires, gone through suspension checking play and wear in the control arms, bushings, tie rods, etc. Brake rotors and pads are in excellent shape.

After an alignment, new wheels and tires mounted and balanced, physical brake tests for rotor surface issue and vibration, tests done for wheel bearing and tie rod........my steering wheel still vibrates at higher speed. And its intermittent. And its irking me because the car drives beautifully. The vibration really degrades the car. It does it every so often at lower speed. But once you get past 70mph, it's pretty consistent.

I'm at a loss. I read about these cars suffering with steering rack knock. I have no noise from the rack over bumps, and did the test to check for play; and nothing. Absolutely solid.

My last resort is to check if the brand new tires are out-of-round. This is the only thing I can think of.

Am I overlooking a possible NSX-exclusive issue that these cars suffer with when it comes to vibration?

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Did you ever figure out your issue?

Back