• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stereo Install

Need some help, my 92 speakers are on their way out, they spit and make terrible noises. I'd like to replace the speakers/amps but keep the dash intact. I need some recommendations for installers in the south bay area that have seen the insides of an NSX before. Thanks

I would recommend going to Sound Innovations in Hayward and see Ernie. They have worked on many high end vehicles and have done systems that are show quality and have won many awards.

Majicwhatever

Sounds like your amps are going...
The amps are located in the speaker enclosure in the door and in the foot well on the passenger side for the subwoofer/tweeter.

Los Gatos Acura uses "Short Circuit" for their stereo repairs.

Short Circuit
1630 Old Oakland Rd.
San Jose, CA. 95131
408-441-6170

I used them to repair my Subwoofer amp. One of my door amps was to far gone to repair so I had to send it back to Bose for replacement, I used BrianK for the other door amp. Short Circuit charged me $25 a door to remove and replace the panel. If I remember correctly, the amp repair was $60 in addition.
I would contact "BrianK" on this forum, he offers repaired/reconditioned amps also. You might be able to get the amps ahead of time from him so you only have to make one trip to Shout Circuit.

NSFRBLX said:
Majicwhatever
Los Gatos Acura uses "Short Circuit" for their stereo repairs.

The name "Short Circuit" sure doesn't instill very much confidence does it!!! j/k :D

I also highly recommend Sound Innovations. I've been a loyal customer since he opened and was one of his first customers. He'll explain everything they do before they do it and then again when they're done, even showing you how to use the equipment they've installed before you drive away. Nothing but first rate work from them. Everything from completely stock looking to show car quality. They cost a little more, but then so do our cars... we obviously will pay a little price premium for quality. This is definitely not a low-quality shop.

Just checked out their website... that's my NSX in the pix!

KEWL :)

J

I have a great hook up @ Auto Sound & Security in San jose right off Alumn Rock! They did an outstanding job on my car! Let me know if you are interested! :biggrin:

well, let me know if u do go to Autosound & security so i can let them know to hook u up. :biggrin:

RAVN NSX said:
well, let me know if u do go to Autosound & security so i can let them know to hook u up. :biggrin:

Ray,
Sent you a PM and Email can you get in touch with me.

thanks,

Back