• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sticky tire recommendations 18x8.5+38 fr

Alright guys,
i know this subject has probably already been touched on but I am in need of some help here. My wheels are Rays volks g25 18x8.5+38 fr and I made a mistake on allowing a tire shop to recommend me a set of federal rs-rr 215/"40"/18 . They are sticky and very affordable. I bought them because I wanted matching tires that were sticky and was hoping to track and drive hard on them. After putting these tires on I realized they were too tall, sitting straight they fit fine but I could not or it was extremely difficult to turn. It felt like I was hitting the frame and there was absolutely no room to play. I took the fender liner out after that and still had the same problem. I've done research and seems like 215/"35"/18 were my safest choice. But the problem was I couldn't find anything or tires that were R compound or sticky. Please advise on what you have and recommend.
also I am on BC/Br coilovers on swift. I'm also dropped low. 2 finger gap in between tire and fender.

The closest I got was 225/35-18 Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I'm not sure with that offset (just a tad bit aggressive, a tad) but the stretch on a 8.5" tire might work on stock fenders.

Do a search here.. this topic comes up A LOT. There's a big wheel/tire thread.

The closest I got was 225/35-18 Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I'm not sure with that offset (just a tad bit aggressive, a tad) but the stretch on a 8.5" tire might work on stock fenders.

Do a search here.. this topic comes up A LOT. There's a big wheel/tire thread.

Thanks Ryu,
always nice to hear your wisdom. I've been hoping to get a few more pointers but I guess I might have to go that route you are going. I just hoped there would be more options.

forget about a 40 series tire with 18 inch wheels...you have to be at 35.....I like to use the tire rack site and just look for all extreme summer tires to see what fits..

Back