• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stock 5 Speed Transmission Power Limit Reached...

OS Giken just released the diffs that employ the stock 4.06:1 ratio

hey brandonson

I was wondering are u still running your turbo on a stock engine? If so what is your wheel HP? And if your running stock will you turn the HP up before an engine build?

thanks J

At this point, I've seen every possible configuration. Here's what I know. The 5spd is far stronger then the 6spd! It's not how much power, it's when! My current configuration is a built 3.0l w/ the 5spd. Tranny has Honda nsxr short gears, the 4.44 giken, and giken superlock LSD (all cryo-treated). I'm boosted w/ a lovefab gt35r at 534whp. It has no quirks or issues. About 400wtq seems to be the pusing it level w/ this settup. You can try to push more, but I've watched them blow so enjoy. Oem is also decent if you cryo- treat them, but comptech 4.55 is soft, so I don't recommend them. Tranny like mine can deal with 500wtq sometimes, but mostly fail at these levels. It's also who builds it. Mine was built by SOS, and these guys know better then anyone how to assemble the nsx tranny correctly. It always cost more to build the 5spd tranny because the 6spd comes w/ short gears. I've also watched the oem tranny deal w/over 900whp without blowing, on dyno queens w/tons of peak but terrible low and mid range. Heavy low & mid are what kills it. My dynoplot shows an almost verticle onset of power. This at 400+wtq would kill the trans pretty quick. Also seen my buddy dragging at 690whp blow up his $$$$$ full sequential. Hope this helps!

hey brandonson

I was wondering are u still running your turbo on a stock engine? If so what is your wheel HP? And if your running stock will you turn the HP up before an engine build?

thanks J

Sorry for the late reply. I have almost 3 years with 400 RWHP and a stock engine. I am working a on a low comp build right now but the economy is killing me.

Back