• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Store NSX engine for a year and half and now it won't start

Hi, I have an Acura legend with a NSX engine, I left it sitting in my garage for about 1 year and a half, before storing it it was running just find even started a couple of times during this period, now is not starting it cranks but it won't start at all, I am in the process of running a full diagnostics and troubleshooting of the engine, but I have a question if anyone has stored an NSX for sometime and also have and starting issue and maybe have some advice on what went bad during storage.
Any comments will be appreciated in advanced.

Tell us about the gas that was in the car a year and a half ago vs. the gas that is in it now. Same gas? Or was the tank drained for storage and recently refilled with fresh gas?

Otherwise my money is on a relay or the ignightor. But there are plenty of smarter people than me on this site.

your trying to tell be your legend has a nsx motor? C30a or c32b? doubt that very different to your legend motor but would be checking fuel as suggested and spark. needs both to be in good working order

Tell us about the gas that was in the car a year and a half ago vs. the gas that is in it now. Same gas? Or was the tank drained for storage and recently refilled with fresh gas?

Otherwise my money is on a relay or the ignightor. But there are plenty of smarter people than me on this site.
It was sorted with empty tank right now has bran new gas.

- - - Updated - - -

your trying to tell be your legend has a nsx motor? C30a or c32b? doubt that very different to your legend motor but would be checking fuel as suggested and spark. needs both to be in good working order
Yes it has the C30 and also has an after market ecu, will check for spark

Injectors have probably seized from the dried up fuel. have seen it happen a few times.

Give them a tap whilst cranking and they will free up. I would then get them cleaned and checked as sometimes they don't recover and don't spray properly

OK I will double check all grounds and connections just to reduce options tks mr envy

- - - Updated - - -

Injectors have probably seized from the dried up fuel. have seen it happen a few times.

Give them a tap whilst cranking and they will free up. I would then get them cleaned and checked as sometimes they don't recover and don't spray properly
You think all 6 got stock? But will try that because it's has to be something like that, something simple since it was park running no issues... Tks

Aprils FOOL..... you got a NSx motor in there post some pics, info about the car the build pics. we would love to see this.

but we have had people on here before claiming crazy things.

Shawn, it's legit. I've seen the build on acuralegend.org when he started it many years back.

Aprils FOOL..... you got a NSx motor in there post some pics, info about the car the build pics. we would love to see this.

but we have had people on here before claiming crazy things.
Lol... I know it is hard to believe.
attachment.php

http://forums.acuralegend.org/first-nsx-legend-engine-t517.html?t=517

Attachments

• valve-covers.jpg
    valve-covers.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 385
that's good man looks nice and tight haha I feel ya.... I put one on a s2000 gearbox and into a civic. id definitely check the basics. factory igniter unit still?
attachment.php

Attachments

• a496bdb5-9d97-42a6-aa0c-1f45c0321ce2_zpszxlkkeje.jpg
    a496bdb5-9d97-42a6-aa0c-1f45c0321ce2_zpszxlkkeje.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:
that's good man looks nice and tight haha I feel ya.... I put one on a s2000 gearbox and into a civic. id definitely check the basics. factory igniter unit still?
attachment.php
I got news, after checking all known basic NSX engine troubleshooting with no luck, I went and pulled out of the closet Oem ECU installed and tried to started but battery was drained already but it felt like starting so recharged battery and "voilà" it returned to life again... Thank God it wasn't the EMS I am so glad.
after that I went and reinstalled the AEM EMS and starts and runs good now need basic engine maintenance and I guess starting the engine at least once of month...

thanks guys for helping with your comments!

Back