• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Stupidest aftermarket products....

I cant stand when I see the Altezza style tail lights on a truck or an SUV.

How about the lighted washer nozzels.

And the Z3 fender vents on anything other than a Z3.

Last but not least, the buggy balls!!! Testicals hanging fron the ass of your car is just plain F'ed up. Can you imagine being in the car with your mother and roll up behind a hanging set of jewels.... :eek:

I think those balls are probably just a southern thing......If you put them on the NSX, your balls would drag the ground :biggrin:

Aside from the things mentioned, I'd like to add....

- Electronic (Fake) Blow-off-valve on any non-turbo car :frown:
- Plastic (Fake) roll-cage that's NOT attached to your car :mad:
- A completely stand-alone (no piping = Fake) intercooler :confused:
- Wheel cap w/ spinner.... :rolleyes:

Too many to list :biggrin:

Dont forget the twin fake intakes on the H2. :biggrin:
Oooooo intakes...watch out or I might waste even more gas!! :biggrin:

please add;

lighted valve stem covers.

double/triple blade wipers.

things that bother me:
-altezzas
-hubcap spinners.. aka Walmart Spinners
-lambo doors(too much attention, especially when getting out of a Celica, Eclipse, Civic, etc....)
-huge aluminum spoilers on cars like: Corolla, Mazda 626, etc.. Cars that shouldn't have them on!
-APC decals

single wiper left on(turned off) halfway.

fart pipes

bookshelf/ironing board wings

japanese characters

the bondo/primer paint job

anything found tasteful or endorsed by nba players or rappers (Malibu Raper excluded)

anything made by APC or sold in Pep Boys, WalMart or AutoZone directed towards sport compacts or imports

Last edited:
Boy, where to start?

1) Spectre (and similar brands of) clamp-on hose coverings and fake stainless hose... cheesy!
2) Obnoxious exhaust systems on otherwise "normal" vehicles
3) Under-car lighting kits
4) Spinner wheels

Ok, that's enough for now.

beeker16 said:
single wiper left on(turned off) halfway.

If done correctly, it is NOT done as you describe.

I dissagree with this one. I am and always was a fan of the BTCC, and it actually serves a function. I did this on my Teg (back in the day) It allows you to remove 1 wiper but still get a full sweep incase of rain. (passenger wiper moved clockwise 25%, and re-bolted down.)

I actually removed both on the NSX, and use rain-x. :wink:

Vtec stickers on cars without vtec.
Fake HID bulbs.
Pointless roof scoops.
Window tint with graphics on it.
Vinyl graphics.
Fart pipes.
Whistlers in the muffler.
Wide fenders with original wheels.
I could go on for days...

Acura cars w/ Honda badges....... :biggrin: :tongue:

Big and Ugly chrome wheels on cars like civics and focus. The car just looks retarded with big wheels and small rotors.

BTW there is nothing wrong with Honda badges on Acura's, now a Acura badge on a Honda especially a civic is wrong.

Autophile said:
4) Spinner wheels

Have to agree with this one. I was on Hwy50 West yesterday Jason and saw of all things a SL55 AMG with what looked like 20" spinners. The really sad part was that I guess he had no idea what kind of tire the car needed because it looked no wider than 235-245..... with 500HP!!!!

I guess it shows that money can't buy taste (wish I had the money for an SL55). Wish I had my digital camera!!!

Hiroshima said:
Have to agree with this one. I was on Hwy50 West yesterday Jason and saw of all things a SL55 AMG with what looked like 20" spinners. The really sad part was that I guess he had no idea what kind of tire the car needed because it looked no wider than 235-245..... with 500HP!!!!

I guess it shows that money can't buy taste (wish I had the money for an SL55). Wish I had my digital camera!!!
That's pretty bad, Jeff. :tongue:

Let me tell you about my recent encounter with a misguided spinner consumer. I was on Watt Avenue, when I came upon a lovely elderly couple at a light. They had a Chrysler Sebring convertible, top down, sunglasses on. THEY HAD SPINNER HUBCAPS! :eek: I mean, come on, these people were 80+ years old. Not too old to "bling," I guess. :rolleyes:

Autophile said:
when I came upon a lovely elderly couple at a light. They had a Chrysler Sebring convertible, top down, sunglasses on. THEY HAD SPINNER HUBCAPS! :eek: I mean, come on, these people were 80+ years old. Not too old to "bling," I guess. :rolleyes:

Easy there bud! Those are my parents you're talking about !

Can i throw a complete X5 and/or Cayenne in?

okay, okay, maybe not aftermarket....... but just as bad to me.

:biggrin:

The driver....

The driver makes most of those "riced out" cars stupid. I usually glance at the car then look at the driver while he puts on his hardest face as he drives by.

Also incorrect badging like some of you have said already. I saw an accord SiR a while back. You'd think if they did an Accord SiR, they'd base it off the V6, but hey, what do I know? :rolleyes:
Muscle_004.jpg

Virtually anything found on MYNSX's car.

Just a joke. No offense intended Bill.

0ctan3 said:
I actually saw a VW with Audi badges the other day. some people :rolleyes:

Funny.... I saw a 02 Camry with Lexus badges on it. To top it off, the owner had the model as and ES 545. I guess I got the 4.5 litre motor out of a BMW and somehow fitted it to his Toyota *ahem* I mean Lexus Tranny. :rolleyes:

It is funny I spend money to get rid of badges off my car :tongue:

Hey, whatever floats their boat!

Back