• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sunnyvale/Mtn View area shop request

Ok so I am trying to get an oil change. I looked in the forums and there are bad reviews for Stevens Creek. Los Gatos had good reviews but the lady told me 150 bucks for an oil change. That's ridiculous! Considering Mobil 1 is about $5 a quart and the filter is $11 and maybe a 30 min job. Anyone know any other shops????

Thanks,

Waqaas

Foreign Affair is in Sunnyvale/Santa Clara, but their prices are really high.

I go to Don @ Hilltop for all of my work, I've been there about 4 times already for oil changes and minor repairs.
He is good and prompt, and his prices are reasonable.

Yea I usually take it to don. But for a simple oil change I figured the drive and cost of gas were not worth it. :(

Why not do it yourself??? It's really simple to do! As a matter of fact I have my GF changing mines at this very moment. :biggrin:

Ok so I am trying to get an oil change. I looked in the forums and there are bad reviews for Stevens Creek. Los Gatos had good reviews but the lady told me 150 bucks for an oil change. That's ridiculous! Considering Mobil 1 is about $5 a quart and the filter is $11 and maybe a 30 min job. Anyone know any other shops????

Thanks,

Waqaas

"Why not do it yourself??? It's really simple to do! As a matter of fact I have my GF changing mines at this very moment. "

That comment made me laugh out loud and receive weird stares from coworkers :p. Wish I could get my gf to dirty her hands for anything!

So I heard Sunnyvale Acura is good...a guy told me to take it there for an oil change...In terms of changing oil by myself...isnt it a hassle? You gotta dispose in a proper way and what not. I do Brakes myself :biggrin: ...so not completely incompetent.

By the way..this was hilarious: Los Gatos Acura: Hello, how much is your oil change 49.95. What kind of car do you have? NSX. Oh its 89.95 for an NSX. That's Synthetic? No synthetic is $60 more. $150 my ass

Sunnyvale Acura: How much is your oil change? 49.95 and 69.95 for synthetic. What kind of car do you have? NSX. Your filter will be a bit more so it might be $5 bucks more for you. hmmm $75 vs $150 my my

If you don't want to do it yourself, just pick the oil and filter yourself and bring it into the Honda Dealership. Many have the express oil change section. You also get to watch them thought the entire process and I was in-out in 20 mins. It they only charged me $25.00 for the labor. For that price, I let someone else get dirty and deal with disposal of old oil.

Back