• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

sunroof in a coupe'

i recently spotted a magazine that had a NSX on the cover(good choice for a cover photo).when looking at the article inside i noticed that it had what looked to be an aftermarket sunroof fitted. i dont think any came from the factory with a sunroof,did they?. what would this do to the value of the car come resale time. any thoughts?

james

I would NEVER consider a NSX that had an aftermarket sunroof. The coupe (non "T") has structural elements to the roof. Cutting a big hole in the roof diminishes that structure.

I've also never seen a conversion where the curvature of the sunroof matched the compound curvature of the original roof.

I think there's adequate evidence that NSXs so equipped have lost considerable value.

If you want an open-air experience get a "T".

-Jim

I too have seen a pic of an NSX on the Prime with a sunroof. I actually thought it looked very good. Never would consider doing it to my car though.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Steven Peng has a sunroof in his car... check the owners gallery for more pics. I dont think this size roof looks bad at all. Thats not to say i'd EVER have one put in my car. No sirree bob.
NsSeX.jpg

------------------
1992 NSX
VTEC Forums- The newest online discussion center, for Honda performance.

Originally posted by jaytip nsx:
i recently spotted a magazine that had a NSX on the cover(good choice for a cover photo).when looking at the article inside i noticed that it had what looked to be an aftermarket sunroof fitted. i dont think any came from the factory with a sunroof,did they?. what would this do to the value of the car come resale time. any thoughts?

I had a 93 white with power sunroof a few years back w/ avg miles. bought for $35k...wholesaled it for $34K, a year later, in 2000. Honestly, it was only an issue for a couple people who weren't able to see the car. Everyone that saw it, including Acura of Delray Beach thought it was a solid job. Receipts showed original owner paid $3k for it. I couldnt tell any performance difference from a 94 I had (never went to the track though)

[This message has been edited by Bilulan (edited 26 February 2003).]

Back