• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Supercharger Contact in Orlando, FL

Hi Friends:

This spring I brought my Basch Supercharger woes to this forum. Someone had recommended a tech in Orlando who could help rectify my situation. He called me instead of me calling him and I don't recall his exact name or contact number; does anyone recall who this might have been? I would like to give him a call.

Bill Harpe
Durham, NC

Hi again Friends:

Yes it was Nabil and Oster at First Class Automotive in Orlando that I have spoken to again. I would be interested in the groups opinion regarding the choices I believe I now have:

First, additional information for those who don't know. I have a 1992 NSX that was pretty much stock until Mark Basch put one of his superchargers on my car in 2002-3? It was his one trip to Raleigh, NC. Later he sent a second split second timing box to me, but never said that it was to resolve any problem. I still have the original note enclosed which said "Call Mark before installing" So I thought it was some kind of upgrade but the car worked well so I didn't bother with it. In October 2004 at NSXPO I learned that it was to fix a fatal error that could kill the engine.

Earlier in the year of 2004 or 2003 I hade one inexplicable track incident, no reason to discuss it; I can run the dates of all these things down if they are needed legally.

I have driven the car without ever approaching redline for the last two years; as that was where the problem supposedly occurred. It is fun, but not as fun as it was before.

I think I also have put less than 8,000 miles on the car in the last two years combined. I'm afraid to drive it.
----------------------
So, lets discuss where I am now. I have a 1992 with Basch Supercharger and the original Split Second box on it.

I have the "second-replacement" black box on hand but no-one here (Raleigh-Durham, NC) will install it because the wire matchups from the original don't fit.
----------------------
First Class Automotive in Orlando (Nabil and Oster) can install the second box. They also can return the car to the original un-supercharged setup.
----------------------
I don't know for sure if my engine has sustained damage as yet, but I have scheduled a compression and leak down test for next Tuesday.
----------------------
BIG QUESTION: IF I GET THEM TO REPLACE THE SPARK PLUGS CAN THEY JUST REPLACE THEM WITH THE ORIGINALS?
----------------------
Okay, here are the things I would like additional input on, my basic plans...and perhaps speculations.

If the engine checks out okay in the compression and leak down, can I get the second split second box installed and have my car ok, are there other issues with that? Also, there was mention of an alternative fuel handler box that would take care of the problem also.

If the engine checks out not okay, what do I have to lose by putting the newer split second box on it and driving it to death? I would have to replace the engine anyway, right?

If the engine is OK, then would it be the best choice to get this Supercharger off the car, or would it be okay with the second black box from split second or a different controller?

I appreciate everyone who helped when I first brought this situation up this Spring, but after I established that there was no one between Maryland and FL that could help me, I sat on it up until NSXPO and I could access First Class Automotive there.

------------------
Thank you for any advice you can give, based on your experiences or second hand knowledge.
------------------

Bill Harpe.

You can have your plugs replaced with the same. But I'd rather have you go a step colder. And I like copper plugs at that.

About your Split Second, to be honest, dump it. Seriously, for the price of a motor, the AEM EMS is well worth the $. *Edit*I just realised you are not in Orlando, but Nabil is.* In any case, Titan Motorsports there in Orlando, have them tune it, and you will be very happy, and A LOT safer then running any split second box. There may be a good tuner up by you, but I do not know one off the top of my head. But the advice still stands, dump the SS Box, and buy an AEM EMS.

Back