• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SuperNova returns!

Sounds like Katie's then Chantilly. What's a good time to be @ Katie's?

Katie's is on Saturdays ;) Katie's tends to run from 6AM to 9AM (and getting later as it gets more popular it seems)

Kohl's is on Sundays and tends to go from 8-30AM-11ish (things get pretty empty by 11).

Is there a departure time set for Fair Lakes? I may have to go direct to Chantilly.

Dave

Congratulations and thanks to Dan and Fred for pulling off a super NSX event...certainly one of the best in the DC area in a very long time! And thanks to Lenny and his staff at Honda of Chantilly for their great support. I've attached just a few of my 70 photos for those who missed it. By my count there were at least 24 NSX's and over 25 S2000's in attendance plus a very nice and diverse selection of exotics and muscle cars.

Dave

Attachments

• DSCN2141.jpg
    DSCN2141.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN2152.jpg
    DSCN2152.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCN2159.jpg
    DSCN2159.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 78
Really great time meeting everyone. Here are a few pics that I took.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Thanks all for coming out, we had great weather and great attendance. We will be working with Chantilly Honda to setup the next meet and I am enthusiastically encouraging him to bring along a Dyno machine for an extra bit of fun. The staff at Chantilly Honda were very appreciative that everyone was courteous and professional and gave us a big thumbs up for a great meet. We had a number of drive by participants who saw the fun and decided to join in.

Here are a few photos I took from the event:

Show overview:
5srav.jpg

Was great that the s2k crowd join in the fun. Great cars and great people!
4l75.jpg

Best NSX was well earned by Chris_NSX with his fabulous Type R recreation. This is a truly magnificent machine and I hope people took some time to really get a good look at it. It pokes its nose out of the garage far too infrequently now a days. We hope to see you around as often as possible Chris!
ifem.jpg

The award to "Best in Show" went to a visiting vehicle, Bob William's Lister recreating. Bob is a really great guy and his car is FABULOUS. I highly encourage anyone in the area to strike up a conversation with Bob and learn more about this awesome machine. It was great that Bob joined us as many of our participants really enjoyed seeing this one of a kind car, when I was surveying opinions for "Best in Show", Bob's Lister was repeated over and over again.
8bgt.jpg

Great choice of Award Winners! I know that Bob was "out of his mind" happy over winning!

Dave

Last edited:
58RsFyJ.jpg

Requisite pic of my own car first of course.

j1hzp4I.jpg

Pulling into the lot with James H.

5q9TLW6.jpg

These two cars in front are driven by original owners. Jeff is in the red 2000 while Khan is in the black 1997.

solATlO.jpg

NSXs from the roof of Honda of Chantilly.

SBRLAk2.jpg

Honda.

1EiDvCy.jpg

The grill was going!

XLnlETr.jpg

Went out for a spirited drive with a dedicated few. We were on the losing side of a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms but we had a really great drive. Video clips to follow (eventually).

- - - Updated - - -

More pics from the S2000 guys (they can't register on our site): http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/1085824-supernova-nsxs2k-meet-6814/page__pid__23196181

Last edited:
I would like to thank everyone who put this event together. Hopefully we will have another one this fall.

Thanks all for coming out; it was a solid meeting and I'm glad everyone had a good time! Dave Chase and I are in the early planning stages of another meet at Chevy Chase Acura during the annual 'Taste of Bethesda' event this fall (late Sept/early Oct). Don't worry, this will not overlap with NSXPO 2014.

Back