• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Support the cause - FXMD's trip to the World Time Attack in Australia

So whats going on with this? Is billy johnson still driving? and also if you guys are still here in the US then I dont see how you are going to be ready in 8 days.

If you guys do run it then I wish you nothing but the best.

If you are not going to make it for the race then I would expect everyone to get their hard earned money back.

Last edited:
I am going to keep bumping this until it is replied.

interresting....so what is the story?In a new thread you stated that Billy and fxmd have parted ways...and the team is not going to Australia....hmm.

So whats going on with this? Is billy johnson still driving? and also if you guys are still here in the US then I dont see how you are going to be ready in 8 days.

If you guys do run it then I wish you nothing but the best.

If you are not going to make it for the race then I would expect everyone to get their hard earned money back.

And I hope you guys do get Jon Kuryama that transmission that he is owed.

Holy Drama! Billy just told me about this thread.

<O:p</O:p
Sorry for the late reply, I have not really spent much time on here as of late as we are preparing for another race this weekend in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pLas Vegas</ST1:p</st1:City> where Billy is driving… Billy is still our driver and we have not parted ways, his time is much more limited now as he is on the ROUSH Team now and lives in NC!!! Billy has decided not to pursue FXMD with selling products online as the time and effort does not equal the return given. Pretty simple and straight forward.<O:p</O:p

We missed our ship date due to some new products causing some unforeseen issues. These issues have since been rectified. We have been working with a few air freight companies and the event organizer this past month to try and get the car over there in time. Unfortunately, it was not possible.
Of course the donations will be returned, I really do not know why anyone would think otherwise…

<O:p</O:pLets get something straight here as well, I nor does anyone at FXMD owe Jon Kuroyama a transmission. That deal you are referencing was between Mike at Factor X and Jon. People like you are the reason why we spend less time on these forums. Spreading false rumors and incorrect information is rampant, and in this case the accusations you are making against my private race team are borderline slanderous. We at FXMD pride ourselves on honesty, integrity, and character.

<O:p</O:pPerhaps in the future if you have any problems or issues you should send an email to us instead of posting false information or rumors. I really did not expect this type of school girl actions by someone like yourself as many people speak highly of you…

<O:p</O:pThanks again for everyone’s support and the donations will be refunded this week along with a special gift for their good faith!

Thanks for the pm Eddie. See you at NSXPO!

Look forward to it. Good luck on future events.

Thanks again for everyone’s support and the donations will be refunded this week along with a special gift for their good faith!

Hi

Arg damn it. I was looking forward to have my mailaddress on a really fast NSX.

I can of course put my mail address on my car. But I will get tons of mails after I have done some driving that my passing was not appriciated at all.

Plan is still to be at NSXPO 2010. And hopefully be a sidekick and do whatever I can at the track for one day at least.

Regards

Ken, don't mind my contribution when I bought the taitec diffuser, I will hopefully be in Vegas this weekend for the event. Any chance of seeing the car in person?:biggrin:

Rob,

It was great to meet you in person at the race yesterday. Sorry I could not spend more time chatting with you! I hope the carbon undertray will help with your project.

I know Martin, we were bummed out too. Especially after hearing the winning lap time... Shoot us an email before NSXPO!

Hi

Arg damn it. I was looking forward to have my mailaddress on a really fast NSX.

I can of course put my mail address on my car. But I will get tons of mails after I have done some driving that my passing was not appriciated at all.

Plan is still to be at NSXPO 2010. And hopefully be a sidekick and do whatever I can at the track for one day at least.

Regards

There are a few things I know for sure...

Billy is living near Roush Racing, where he should be if him and Jr. really want a DP car to race in the Grand Am DP series at some point.
Matt drove for Billy at the Redline Time Attack a few weeks ago in Vegas because Billy had Grand Am Racing for Roush.
Bill just drove the FXMD for the Superlap Battle in Vegas last weekend and set a new track record.
Next time the car goes out, if Billy's Grand Am schedule conflicts with FXMD Racing, Matt will drive the car again, if not, Billy will be driving it.

Ken would never turn his back on Billy and supports Billy every way he can. They are a team and by working together and being friends they got the FXMD car to where it is and FXMD helped Billy along the way as well.

By the same token, Ken would never F anyone, it's not his style. I know Ken for a few years and I have never known Ken not to do what he said he would do unless there was just no control on his part. I have never known Ken not to keep a promise he's made and find I personally find him to be a very generous man through most of life. He’s not broke by any means, that’s for sure, but this trip even with Yokohama's help still was going to cost Ken Thousands of dollars and was a MAJOR undertaking...and the help everyone stepped up meant a lot to Ken, Billy and the guys. Please don't ruin what could have been a great thing by making this into something it wasn't.

Ken is a stand up guy and so is Billy.

There were a few situations that went south when Ken housed the car out of someone else’s shop in which Ken had nothing to do within those business dealings that I know of that involved 2 different people. We’ve all heard the stories.

Ken wanted to go to the World Superlap Battle more than anyone can believe. That was a big situation and dream for FXMD and believe me when I tell you, they did everything possible to make it happen since I watched a lot of it happen. Unfortunately things that were not in Kens control went south and it was to much to over come in such a short period of time while depending on others. You think you guys are let down, imagine how Ken, Billy, Fes and the rest of the guys feel. I can promise you, the Superlap Battle victory was sweet, but not as sweet as the World Title could have been.

There is no doubt in my mind than anyone that donated to the effort will get their money back and a big hug if you ever see him for trusting him and supporting his effort through this.

Ken is honorable guy, and a friend, to say anything less just isn't right about a man you probably don't even know that well.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Last edited:
I know Martin, we were bummed out too. Especially after hearing the winning lap time... Shoot us an email before NSXPO!

Hi Ken

Sure will send you a mail. I guess I need to look into the trip in some more detail now. Time flies.

I sent a mail to Billy a long time ago where I said I was availible for whatever I can be used for on the track for the first day.

I was told to send a mail to Billy by one of the NSXPO guys which I can't remember the name of now. I do now know what the plan is for the HPDE event now.

Will shoot a mail or a pm your way when NSXPO is on the horizon.:smile:

Edit: And I got the refund and almost sent the mail directly to the spamfolder. I have never recieved money on Paypal before and was sure that this was some Nigeria thing again :)

Regards

Last edited:
Back