• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Support the cause - FXMD's trip to the World Time Attack in Australia

FX Motorsports Development is going to Australia!

FXMDAustralia.jpg

Support the cause:

As you may have heard, FXMD and our FX750 were invited to the World Time Attack Challenge in Sydney, Australia to represent the United States at this World Stage.

The best teams from Japan, England, Austrlia, and the US will be in attendance including: CyberEVO, Panspeed RX7, CUSCO/Tomei STi, Hi Octane R34 GTR, Sierra Sierra EVO, and many more.

You can read more about the event, competitors, and the announcement of FXMD competing at: http://www.superlap.com.au/2009/

This is the chance to show the world what U.S. teams can do and a chance for the NSX to show it's capabilities against the fastest time attack cars ever built. However this trip is going to be very expensive. Airfare, shipping, lodging, prep, food, etc... is going to cost in excess of $25K. While sponsors help to offset some of that money, it is still going to cost a lot to make the trip.

What you can do:

You can support FXMD's efforts to compete against the best in the World in Australia by sending any greatly appreciated donation via paypal to:

[email protected]

Your donation is more than appreciated for helping make this once in a lifetime opportunity come true and we are going to have a sticker or decal somewhere on or in the car with all the names of those who have donated.

Please send the name you would like to have on the car at the time you submit the paypal. It can be your whole name, NSX Prime username, or anything else.

If you have any questions, feel free to post here, PM, or email myself or Ken at:

[email protected]
[email protected]

FXMD and myself personally would like to thank all of those who have been following our team over the years and who have been a supporter or fan of our efforts. Thank you all and we look forward to continue representing the NSX community, pushing the car beyond its limits, and developing products and knowledge for everyone to benefit.

Thank you,

Billy Johnson

Money Sent!

Ok Billy I am buying your dinner.....:wink:

I will send some contribution, but, YOU BETTER KICK SOME OF THE BEST OF THE WORLD'S BUTT! Hahahahha

Seriously , my best wishes and good luck, I wish I could go with you to take some photos :D

oscar

I just want to thank you guys for kicking in for this once in a lifetime race! We are making every effort to put us in a position for victory and show the world that the NSX is still the best platform to race!

In addition to the sticker space on the car we will also be providing a limited edition run of FXMD shirts for everyone that has supported us.

Thanks again everyone!

FXMD swag? Sweetness! I want mine autographed ;)

FXMD swag? Sweetness! I want mine autographed ;)
Special Edition FXMD swag! :biggrin:

I would be more than happy to autograph that as well as the FXMD-looking Hotwheels if you'd like.

Billy

Billy and Ken, I think you guys might want to think of raffling away something as a fundraiser. Do you guys have anything kicking around that might be an attractive prize?

Paypal sent. Do you need artwork for the sponsorship sticker? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Thank you for your support!

We don't currently have anyone working on the artwork for the sponsorship T-shirts that we are going to give to our supporters. But we wouldn't mind outside help from those in the community :)

Billy and Ken, I think you guys might want to think of raffling away something as a fundraiser. Do you guys have anything kicking around that might be an attractive prize?
That sounds like a pretty good idea. Do you have any suggestions of what might be 'attractive' to a broad audience?

Hi

Go get them. I Paypalled some too here from icy north of Norway.

Regards

Hi

Go get them. I Paypalled some too here from icy north of Norway.

Regards

-Wow, all the way from Norway?! I'm actually 1/4 Norwegian myself.

Billy

-Wow, all the way from Norway?! I'm actually 1/4 Norwegian myself.

Billy

Hi

Yes from Norway. The NSX is in hibernation until late april/may. But since the season is so short we have to drive at the trippel of the speed limit to cover as much miles as other people. But the NSX can handle it.

I sent you a mail about NSXPO 2010 too. I will be attending there so then we could practice on your norwegian :smile:

Regards

We don't currently have anyone working on the artwork for the sponsorship T-shirts that we are going to give to our supporters. But we wouldn't mind outside help from those in the community :)

That sounds like a pretty good idea. Do you have any suggestions of what might be 'attractive' to a broad audience?

Artwork..hmm...is Blodi still around?

I say raffle off something popular like a Type R wing or maybe some CF vents I dunno...talk to STMPO :)

Artwork..hmm...is Blodi still around?

I say raffle off something popular like a Type R wing or maybe some CF vents I dunno...talk to STMPO :)

Not a bad idea. I'd throw down a few 5's for the chance of winning something I probably don't need. :biggrin:. How about a rear bumper beam? It is on my "stuff I want but can't justify paying for" list.

The raffle should be for something with widespread appeal so it can sell a lot of tickets.

I am just speaking from experience from my son's hockey team. Last year we raffled off some hockey tickets. Our local NHL team is the Ottawa Senators. We sold Sens vs. Phoenix tickets (Phoenix Coyotes have very little appeal here) and made about $650. This year we sold Sens vs. Montreal (a huge geographic and division rival) and raked in $almost $2K. Not bad for a bunch of 8 year olds selling tickets for $5 each.

Point is, dangle something everyone would like and sell a shit load of tickets :)

Ross from STMPO offered to donate a Front Chassis Brace for the cause -for the raffle.

I'm not too sure how a raffle would work or if it would be popular enough for it to even make sense when we already have the discounted FXMD/STMPO product thread and a direct donation thread.

It was just an idea. If what you guys are doing now is going to bring in enough $$ then this is a moot point.

However, if you'd like to do this, I'd say set the price for a "ticket", have everyone paypal you and be assigned a number, then on some predetermined day have the numbers all printed on small pieces of paper and have a draw. You can even shoot the draw with a webcam and upload it to YouTube as "proof" that it was done fairly and then contact the primer who won by Pm. It's pretty simple.

The brace sells for $350, maybe set the tickets at $20 each, 3 for $50 and see how many you sell. :) If 100 guys buy 3 tickets each at $50, you're already at $5K!

I own a small roofing company.....Diamond Roofing.....Would be cool to see a sticker on both sides of the car.....post or pm me, if this would work for you.:biggrin:

I could have Ross make the stickers........:cool:

You can have any name (personal name, username, business name, etc...) In the supporters section that will be somewhere on or in the car. These names are going to be small so if you are interested in sponsoring the car outside of this thread to have your business' name in a legible location and size, shoot me an email.

Billy

Billy et al, how about raffling off a signed Pit crew shirt?

Just saw a pic and would love one!

0031.jpg

FastLapwithBillyJohnson-WSIR.jpg

How much for the brunette on the left?

This is cool

http://www.ampenergy.com/?or=amp_em_7.2geton88/#/promos/get_on_88

Dale Jr's car last year.

Scroll down slightly. On the middle right hand side of the screen below the car, you'll see the AMP can and the words "Explore The Car". Click it

The next screen shows a Right Side view of the car. Click anywhere on the car and it'll zoom you in. Click again and it'll zoom closer and you can star to see the names printed on the car blended in with the designs regularly on the car.

Last edited:
Back