• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SWAY BAR INSTALL TIPS

Hi
Installed rm racing sway bars this weekend.
something that should have taken 2 hours took me about 5 !!
a few things that might save someone else some grief
1. def. remove the battery tray first! you can get the sway bar off by removing the front 2 bolts but i couldnt get it back on!(drove me nuts! then finally gave in)
2. the locking nuts are a bitch! i soaked them with wd-40 used the allen key with a wrench but when you get it almost off they get stuck.my hands still hurt!On the front sways i removed it from the bottom end links they were easier then took they swaybars out andreinstalled the end links on the new one
3. REMEMBER WHICH WAY THE THE SWAY BAR GOES!
I REINSTALLED THE END LINKS UPSIDE DOWN!!
4.once the battery tray was off and the end link were on the right way it was easy
5. the rear was easy especially after the abortion i did to the front.
6. when you go to reinstall the rear i used a jack to raise the swaybar collar into place.i couldnt bend the bar up enough to get the screws in.(no i'm not a weakling)
I took the car out for a 5 min ride after and it feels tight.a lot more responsive than before.ride quality feels the same
good luck if you try it
Paul M
95 nsx-t blk/blk hands black/blue

Though it seems rather difficult it's best to snug down sway bars with weight of car on suspension.In other words lift car up then lower car so that wheels are on blocks allowing you to get underneath.Aligment shops have pits or use the type of lifts you can drive onto.

Back