• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Did I install Type R Front Sway Bars Correctly?

Are the Type R front sway bars supposed to touch the spare tire holder plate on a NA2?

The photo below shows looking down into the "frunk." The sway bar is touching on both sides of the plate.
20230714_183843.jpg

The photos below show where one of the bushings attaches to. Was I supposed to install the metal spacer in between the bushings and the car? It looks like if I remove the spacer, it would make the sway bar sit higher, possibly removing the rubbing issue.

20230714_183903.jpg

Yes, unfortunately the thicker bar will touch the battery/spare holder on 97+ cars. The NSX-R has a different holder that looks similar to the early cars and has the aero under tray.

#3 (97+) vs #25 (NSX-R)

sw01b500.0c.png

Hello,

Why did you install the metal spacers between the bushings and the car?

The photos below show where one of the bushings attaches to. Was I supposed to install the metal spacer in between the bushings and the car? It looks like if I remove the spacer, it would make the sway bar sit higher, possibly removing the rubbing issue.

Yes, unfortunately the thicker bar will touch the battery/spare holder on 97+ cars. The NSX-R has a different holder that looks similar to the early cars and has the aero under tray.

#3 (97+) vs #25 (NSX-R)

View attachment 181823
Thanks. Very helpful.

Hello,

Why did you install the metal spacers between the bushings and the car?
I just reinstalled with the parts that came with the car. I think the 02+ came with a metal spacer so that the larger spare wheel could clear the sway bar.

I remember this problem from years ago. It ought to be well documented here. Unfortunately I can't remember the fix but I did it on my car and I'm running a much thicker sway bar. I'm not running the spacers on the sway bar chassis mounts but I am running the spacers on the Type R lower brace so that doesn't make contact with the sway bar.

I think some folks just cut the tray..

Back