• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Taitec GTLW vs GT One v5.1

I am running w/ cats and ct headers. I believe my has more metallic grunt due to the headers.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dPGoyfRC_J8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dPGoyfRC_J8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-vzYpnpIdFU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-vzYpnpIdFU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

holy crap. that sound awesome - i can't believe that's WITH CATS :eek:

couple questions:
what else do you have done to the car? (supercharger, turbo?)
are those stock cats?
why don't i have one on my car?? :wink:

I am running w/ cats and ct headers. I believe my has more metallic grunt due to the headers.
Thanks a lot for the video, exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully my will arrive and installed in time for next meet:smile:

I greatly appreciate Alas-NSX's back to back video comaprision. That was the convincing point. Usually it is very hard to tell from the video clip alone, back to back comparisons really helped.

The GruppeM (the dual canister one with no cats) is also very... high pictched, probably the previous king of highest pitch exhaust note, I find the sound extremely intoxicating.

I still love the GTLW, it will always have a place in my heart, especially considering that I actually carried it back from Japan. Despite I have thin skin, I went through the embarrassment of looking like weirdo carry a big ass box that look like it weighted a ton though train station and airport, just because I didn't want to wait. It is like two exhaust in one, deep down low and high pitched up top. It sounded way better prior to FI and headers.

ARC Titanium is also on higher pictch side one of the best overall note, I love the sound of Aaron's NSX:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/66lEWn401oE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/66lEWn401oE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

GTOne F1 Series v5.1 exhaust:
SS = 29.7 lbs
Ti = 17.8 lbs

Taitec GTLW exhaust
SS = 16.1 lbs
There are two versions of GTLW exhaust.

The more common one is 9.4kgs X 2.2046=20.72lbs, perhaps manufacture overstated the weight slightly? (I know for a fact that my is definitely not 16.1lbs, close but not, on my own thread I have it listed as 18lbs. Two other prime members had weighted these themselves. The weight were 18.7lbs and 19.xxlbs.

As a weight reduction junkie 10~12lbs is still 10 to 12lbs. I much prefer as light as possible, but when it sounds like this, the additional trouble, cost, hassle, weight is not a big deal. 10lbs is by no mean significant weight penalty. 30lb on the other hand would had been enough for me to be a deal breaker, but not 10 to 12lbs.

The center exist is 7.5kgs x 2.2046=16.5lbs

gt006.jpg

gt005.jpg

Last edited:
Most poeple seem to be buying the GTone purely on sound.

Has anyone seen an actual Dyno for the GT-One exhaust?

BTW, i bought an ARC exhaust after hearing the sound from the video above and the fact that its about 12 lbs.

-videos-
Mine sounds pretty much the same with OEM headers. SC and test pipes obviously makes a huge difference in pitch. :eek:

holy crap. that sound awesome - i can't believe that's WITH CATS :eek:

couple questions:
what else do you have done to the car? (supercharger, turbo?)
are those stock cats?
why don't i have one on my car?? :wink:

Just DF intakes and yes stock cats. I have the gt-one test pipes also but haven't put them on yet. I will get the big bore throttle body and make it breath better w/ the test pipes :)

Most poeple seem to be buying the GTone purely on sound.

Has anyone seen an actual Dyno for the GT-One exhaust?

BTW, i bought an ARC exhaust after hearing the sound from the video above and the fact that its about 12 lbs.

My 2nd vid is a dyno. I did it after intalling the ct headers and gt-one and gained a total of 20rwhp. So I guestimate the exhaust gave me somewhere btw 10-15rwhp since I have a NA2 and the ct headers add at most 5-10rwhp.

The more common one is 9.4kgs X 2.2046=20.72lbs, perhaps manufacture overstated the weight slightly? (I know for a fact that my is definitely not 16.1lbs, close but not, on my own thread I have it listed as 18lbs. Two other prime members had weighted these themselves. The weight were 18.7lbs and 19.xxlbs.

Weighed mine at 17.5
7119TAITEC7.JPG

Both exhausts are awesome....cant go wrong with either one....

Weighed mine at 17.5
Thanks for the confirmation
Both exhausts are awesome....cant go wrong with either one....
Well said.

It would be nice to have a proper sound clip of GTLW exhaust running without cats. I want to hear the GTLW without cats again. I only heard it once before in person at SCA on another member's NSX. I recall it was very high pitched and left a long lasting impression.

Weighed mine at 17.5

Well said.

It would be nice to have a proper sound clip of GTLW exhaust running without cats. I want to hear the GTLW without cats again. I only heard it once before in person at SCA on another member's NSX. I recall it was very high pitched and left a long lasting impression.

I have the GTLM w/o Cats. I'll try and get something next week. If I don't have something by next Wednesday, feel free to harass me :)

What I can say ahead of time is that at idle, it is rumbly, louder but also raspety (not too much) It sounds like it has a much bigger engine, as if it has a V8, however, I'm stressing that I don't consider it loud. Neighbors might hear that you've turned on the car, but will not be swearing at you and calling you obnoxious imho.

At WOT, it sounds like a race car with a moderately high pitch, but deffinetly not like the GT One V5.1. The SC whine is less noticable but works in harmony with each other.

I deffinetly think it's an improvement over a already good sounding exhaust. It makes it sounds "very good" though maybe lacking some of the raspety of the super duper exhausts. I think the fact that it's still very moderate at cruising speed makes it an excellent overall choice. Nonetheless, I don't know how cruising sounds w/o cats on the GT1 though a few others that I've heard (don't remember the brand) were too loud and obnoxious for me.

I wish I had put the Test Pipes on earlier.

Weighed mine at 17.5

Well said.

The video I posted does not have cats installed in both runs of the GTLW and 5.1.

I change my mind, I think the GTLW is the best sounding exhaust ever!

*I'm bias, because I just bought a GTLW :tongue:

so whos in for a GT One group buy :biggrin:

dont worry about the 10lbs or so, you and your passenger just take a big ol dump before you leave and theres the wight difference :)

I haven't heard back from Henry yet.. and his personal email is full too!:eek:
I hope he doesnt give me enough time to talk myself out of it...

I'm running hks intake/ snorkel, dc headers, stock cats and GT-1 from Henry...

The car sounds sick, turns heads where ever i go, prolly due to the fact that i am at high rpm's even though i'm cruising at 35mph.

You guys will love it, best sounding exhaust bar none!

The video I posted does not have cats installed in both runs of the GTLW and 5.1.
Thanks, another big "what if" on my mind have been answered.

I can't thank you enough for the clip. Also owe thanks to nsxtacey, Turbo2go/Dave, John/Scorp935. I love the sound from new exhaust, but it is so quiet with cats.:redface:

The car sounds sick, turns heads where ever i go, prolly due to the fact that i am at high rpm's even though i'm cruising at 35mph.

LOL... that's me. Try cruising downtown financial district between the tall buildings around 4500 RPM's... it's howl makes everyone turn. It really sounds good in that mode.

Jason congrats.

Thanks, another big "what if" on my mind have been answered.

I can't thank you enough for the clip. Also owe thanks to nsxtacey, Turbo2go/Dave, John/Scorp935. I love the sound from new exhaust, but it is so quiet with cats.:redface:

Glad it helped. I am finally home from traveling. Time to go through the thread and answer some questions.

I just installed my GTLW this morning. Very easy installation. I Already had comptech headers and random tech cats installed. Very impressive sounding at higher RPMs and not too loud at lower RPMs. I think I scared a couple of people on the freeway and surface streets this morning when I was test driving this morning--sorry. I can only imagine the GT one will be way more intimidating.

Thanks for the info guys.I was debating on witch of the two to get.As nice as the GT-one sounds I'm looking for something that won't be excessively loud at cruise speed.And by what I read the taitec is a little bit more quiet.

Well I just sent payment for my 5.1 SS !! Now I just have to wait a few days for shipping.. :tongue:

Last edited:
LOL... that's me. Try cruising downtown financial district between the tall buildings around 4500 RPM's... it's howl makes everyone turn. It really sounds good in that mode.

Jason congrats.

Even better in NYC midtown late at night when the streets are clear, and even better going through the tunnels :biggrin:

Back