• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Take a Poll re NW NSX Specific Track Event Dates

Which Dates Would You Prefer?

• February 26/27 (weekend) at Thunderhill

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • April 23/24 (weekend) at Reno Fernley

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • May 27 (Friday) at Thunderhill

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • June 24 at (Friday) Thunderhill

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is an update to this thread: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42512

We have a tentative plan to test the following dates for an NSX track event with NCRC. Please let us know by participating in the poll; you can vote for more than one date.

February 26/27 (weekend) at Thunderhill. Registration is open which means we are little late to make this a mostly NSX event.

April 23/24 (weekend) at Reno/Fernley. Last year we had about 18 NSXs that showed up, about half of our regular draw compared to previous events. The track has been further improved but still might be tough to draw the south Bay area folks.

May 27 (Friday) at Thunderhill. Yes its a Friday hence you can avoid the weekend Tahoe/Reno traffic in both directions. This gives us time to market the program and secure some raffle donations ;)

June 24 (Friday) at Thunderhill. Same as above.

If we agree for the May or June event, we may try to see if we can run clockwise. It will be just like running at another track.

The provisional deal is this, more details will follow: Registration fee would be $245 for early birds ($445 for two day event), and $285 for regular.

To make it special for our group, we would cordon off part of the paddock area for NSXs only and have an NSX registration line/table. This way, NSXs ding each other as they open their doors or drop their tools, I love it .......... LOL!

We are also considering to offer an extra 1/2 hr of hot track time in the day, that you could use for an NSX Time Trial, or Relay Race, or something else that might help the boy racers showcase their tuning and driving skills ;)

Reno-Fernley is a very fast track that offers a lot of straight-a-ways and tight turns but was a bit "Under developed" as far as the off course stuff is concerned. However, I hear very good things regarding the upgrades and enhancements! :biggrin:

It was nice to see NSXs in a group, but I must admit I'd love to see more! Let's make it a point to attend an NSX highlighted event this year. I'm already looking forward to it!!! :smile:

Last edited:
I'd be interested in the Reno track day. I've never been to that track yet and love to try it! Keep me informed if its gonna happen for sure.

MarkB said:
I attended last year's Reno-Fernley event and up til the off-road experience, had a great time. It's a good track.

Hi Mark,

Just remember to bring multiple set of wheels and tires, from what I heard you had to go from the R-compounds to the stock tires, so I'm sure that the braking zones became a bit different between the tires, resulting in the off :(

Ken

Count me in for the May date. I will see if I can bring down a couple of friends from Portland!

Two more days to close the polling. May 27 seems to be the most favored with 13 votes.

But with a total 18 voters participating thus far (and another few who sent private e-mails), this is not very encouraging. We used to have at least 35 to as much as 45 NSX drivers in previous events.

MarkB said:
I attended last year's Reno-Fernley event and up til the off-road experience, had a great time. It's a good track.

Mark, with THill on May 27, you can now also attend Reno-Fernley on May 28 and 29 with TrackMaster's! What a deal to make your trip worthwhile heh :wink:

polar said:
Hi Dave, did you got another X?

Yah, I think it's in my blood now...

Bought Craig Kircher's IBADNSX. Well sorted, very simular to my old car, few more miles, 2 years older and it shows that the sun actually shine down there!

I will start looking at a date for Pacific Raceways this summer. Maybe see you there?

Dave

titaniumdave said:
Yah, I think it's in my blood now...

Bought Craig Kircher's IBADNSX. Well sorted, very simular to my old car, few more miles, 2 years older and it shows that the sun actually shine down there!

I will start looking at a date for Pacific Raceways this summer. Maybe see you there?

Dave

I think a few of us will run with Alfa club at pacific raceway few time this coming season, probably won't be as much as last year, because we're trying to save our pennies for NSXPO 2005.

polar said:
I think a few of us will run with Alfa club at pacific raceway few time this coming season, probably won't be as much as last year, because we're trying to save our pennies for NSXPO 2005.

Sounds about the same for me, let's try to coordinate on one of the Alfa dates, for sure down in Phoenix. Are you going to do a group drive down from Seattle? I think there will be at least 5 of us from Portland driving down, let's stay in touch as it gets closer.

Back