• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Taking a poll

Does the NSX look better with a black roof or does it look better all one colour?

Looks better with a black roof!

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 24 December 2000).]

Great thread! Personally, in general, I would prefer a car that does not have the top painted black. However, since the NSX's canopy was designed to look like an F-16 and the overall design was executed so well, I think the black top on NSX looks best....

Without a doubt, NSX is the best looking black-out-top car out there.

(<a href="http://www.ojaspatel.com/oc/nsx/media/images/NSX_Cordele_BW.jpg">Black top looks so cool!</a>)

[This message has been edited by Ojas (edited 26 December 2000).]

Personally I prefer the NSX with the roof painted to match the body. A sebring silver NSX with roof painted silver is just gorgeous IMO (Biophase, are you listening?
wink.gif

I supposed it all comes down to personal taste...

In my opinion the red NSX looks best with black roof and tinted windows. This creates a uniform solid black look that differentiates cockpit from chasis as two distinct modules. Some of the older jets used to paint the front part of the cockpit black to reduce sun glare. Even my Ivory interior NSX has a black dash. Black will also absorb heat and looks a little stealthier so the fuzz won't notice it as much. It may even absorb laser better so they don't get a lock on ya?

Silver looks good solid.

------------------

I like the car both ways. After all, I fell in love with the original black roof, red car combination when the NSX was introduced...and that was part of the appeal. But I have since grown to like the solid color better.

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

I ran across a silver/black 91 yesterday in Miami. The car had 17/18 Racing Hart Tracers and was lowered with Eibach springs. That is the first time I've seen a silver/black up close and the colors were sweet. I forgot my stupid camera or I would have taken a pic.

I think color is also effected by the rims, lowering and window tint. Haven't you ever seen two cars the exact same color, but for some reason one just looked better than the other? I think it's combination of things.

When I bought my 94 it had Gunsmoke 7 spokes. I didn't like how the car had a dark roof and dark rims. After changing the rims (and lowering it) , the car took on another look that made me really appreciate the dark roof (and tinted glass).

How about white roof like new Mini! That will certainly set your NSX apart from the rest... in a weird way..
rolleyes.gif

Oh.. I just realized that this thread ended back in 2000... sorry that I am living in the past..
redface.gif

Black roof on all coupes. The lighter the color, the better it looks. Indifferent on plum and green.

A 'dated' color scheme is OK -- its a 'dated' design after all. More period-correct
smile.gif

Originally posted by Andrie Hartanto:
That is not a wingswest kit. It's a K&N or Erebuni. I think it looks okay, a bit to racy for me.

racey? or RICEY? <grin>

oh yeah, i prefer a black roof on red, silver, and white nsx's...otherwise...body color to match.

-A

[This message has been edited by HomeDepotNSX (edited 19 March 2002).]

in whatever color scheme your nsx might be it is still one of the worlds most beautiful cars. i prefer the one color scheme but all are still nice. there are folks out there that wish they were in our shoes just having this dicussion about what color our cars are. but like was said in early comments get an all black car and you will not go wrong...

------------------
92 ACURA VIGOR
98 ACURA 3.5RL
96 ACURA NSX

I Think that "true to the f-16" look they were going for, the black top looks great.

I have the 1994, and my side windows are slightly tinted, and the back is a very dark ( almost black). Tinted windows, black painted top and tinted side windows together are very sharp together! IMHO, it for sure has the "F-16 cockpit look" I think the original designers were shooting for.

Which roof looks best? Yellow! definately Yellow
smile.gif

------------------
keep the shiny side up
MikeC 01 #46

Originally posted by Dman:
Does the NSX look better with a black roof or does it look better all one colour?

I'm a monochromatic kinda guy but what really made my 91 look diffrent when I had the black bits done red was to also paint the parts that not Acura does, i.e. the moulding where the glass meets the door and the door handle and the shark fin. This has the effect of narrowing the window, because the moulding is now an extension of the door skin, color wise. It makes the window openeing look much narrower, which is really cool.

JMO, of course, and looks is definately a taste thing.

Cheers,
MB

Today I was driving down 880 in the Bay Area and I came up on an older model (91-92?) Red with ivory Interior. Anyone on here? I thought to myself that was a beautiful color combo. I never liked the black roofs, but it just looks right on the red cars. When considering originality, I always imagine the NSX as a red car. That said, yellow on yellow is still my fave.
cool.gif

Each combination has it's own beauty (eg. I usually like red/red but feel Alex V's red/black works well with his use of exposed carbon fiber and black wheel look). I prefer white on white on my car, which I've owned both ways:

DCP_1063.JPG

Regards,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://sacramento.nsxca.org/Events/thunderhill_driving_school_4-02.htm

I think the black tops look much better, also the black roof with tinted windows gives the illusion that the car is shorter than it really is.

I think we all may be obsessing a little I have never had anyone tell me the car would look better either way.

Red/Black/Ivory (body/roof/interior)

Back