• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Talk about exclusivity...

When I decided to get serious about the NSX, I had a few criteria in mind. I wanted a fairly late model car (97 or 98), definitely silver, targa roof (I love the open air driving in the summer) and automatic (this is a deal I have with the wife
wink.gif
).

I found a car that fit the bill and decided to go for it and leave the C5 behind. What I didn't realize, though, is how long the odds were on actually finding the car. I hadn't looked at the "production numbers" in the FAQ, but I did today and... DAMN! I cannot believe that there were only *3* Silver NSX-T Autos in 97 and *5* in 98! Is the FAQ definitely accurate? That means that there were literally 8 cars for me to choose from in the US (not sure how many in 99, but still...)

If the FAQ is right, that is pretty amazing!

The FAQ is accurate and includes all cars sold new in the United States.

When you are looking for a particular car, the numbers are really small if you are looking for a combination of characteristics that each represent a small minority of cars (automatic transmission, coupes since '95, and colors other than red, black, or yellow).

I am pretty sure that I have seen a Silver NSX/Auto for sale lately. I will keep an eye out as I check out the various sites and let you know if I see anything.

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

I know Doc Lane is selling a 1997 or 1998 Blue with Auto tranny...was a weekend car I think. Maybe he'll offer details if you're interested in a Blue NSX.

Andie

Originally posted by NetViper:
I am pretty sure that I have seen a Silver NSX/Auto for sale lately. I will keep an eye out as I check out the various sites and let you know if I see anything.

I think spookyp was saying that he already found exactly that car - and that he was extremely lucky to have done so.

Yep, nsxtasy got it right. I happened to be going through the FAQ and hit the production numbers part. Assuming the car doesn't fall apart
wink.gif
it looks like I got pretty lucky in finding it!

While it's not an auto (teach the wife to drive stick) Park Place in Bellevue WA has a very nice 98 Kaiser Silver that I inspected.

Cheers,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://www.NSXClassifieds.com - free NSX classifieds site!

For the years that it was available, the Kaiser Silver (as well as the later Silverstone Silver) were not all that rare. It's only when they're combined with the requirement of an automatic (or a coupe body) that they become extremely hard to find.

Back