• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tampa Area Hotel Info

Every year, our management team travels offsite for strategic planning sessions. I'm interested in the St. Petersburg area for a hotel (10 rooms) and conference room meeting. Thought the area would be beautiful for the month of May and offer some extracurricular activities (fishing / baseball) for the guys.

Any recommendations? If so, please PM me.

Shaun
Wichita, KS

In downtown St. Pete there is the Vinoy Renissance hotel. It's nice and the rates are average/moderate-high. There's also a Hamptons Inn, Courtyard, and a Holiday Inn around town. I always stay at the Vinoy though because it's more upscale than the others listed.

Let me add that the Vinoy is within walking distance to a lot of St. Pete's downtown bars.

Thank you all for the references. Very nice response to my request.

I've never been to Tampa Bay but always wanted to visit and see if it could be an area to retire (jeez, I've still got another 20 years of work before then:smile:)

Shaun

If the wife and kids are included, I would look into the Trade Winds resort in St. Pete. It's on the beach and has lots of things to do for the kids. If you are looking for a nice beach, you can try the Sheraton at Sand Key. Sand Key is north of St. Pete. Very quiet almost private beach. Clearwater Beach is just north of Sand Key. Great fishing etc. I have a condo on Sand Key and my wife and I go there on the weekends to play "old people" and relax. PM me if you need further info. Jerry

Jerry, thanks for the ideas. As an update, the previous owner of my (former) NSX moved back to Tampa so I've asked her to do some research as well. She was living in Tally for a few years and was so glad to get back to the Tampa area.

I hope to make it down your way sometime to see just how nice it is.

Back