• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Targa Top Stowed in the Trunk

it stows under the window in the hatch dept..............not sure I've ever seen one put in the trunk before. The latch is on the door post (frame) where the white sticker plate is located. Lift the glass, lift the engine cover and there is a place for it to slide into.

My technique is to hold the roof by either side (right around the release handles) and put the back in first. I'll have a large beach towel in place so that the back of the roof is on the towel and not the carpet. I get it in and all the way to the back and then lower the front down towards the firewall. It just barely clears and rests against the firewall right under the trunk opening lip. Once it's in place, I pull the beach towel over the roof and tuck it under in the front. If I'm going to be going around corners at any speed, I put my camera bag or a pillow between the roof and CD changer to keep it from slamming side to side in the trunk.

DSC_2086.jpg

DSC_2084.jpg

Hope that helps!

It fits, but it takes up the whole trunk. I'm conflicted because I love the view of the supercharger under glass, but I know the next road trip I'll be missing the ability to go roofless. My plan is to modify the stock clamshell so that I can put it on for trips and take it off the rest of the time. I got some good instructions recently from someone who's done this, so stay tuned!

wow - where do I out my golf clubs?? I'll have to try that - thanks

dont wanna break the news to you, your NSX will not make long road trips like you use to do before the supercharger. and your chart you keep of gas/miles traveled are going to go down alot.:frown:

dont wanna break the news to you, your NSX will not make long road trips like you use to do before the supercharger.
Wanna bet? I sure haven't seen any reason yet why I can't.

and your chart you keep of gas/miles traveled are going to go down alot.:frown:

Yeah, I am seeing that. Down about 7% but in fairness I've been driving a little harder since it went on. I'm going to give it a year before I make any final analysis.

atleast I know you will try to do some long road trips I just want a SC for mine is the real reason lol

dont wanna break the news to you, your NSX will not make long road trips like you use to do before the supercharger. and your chart you keep of gas/miles traveled are going to go down alot.:frown:

What are you talking about? seriously. How does the supercharger not make the NSX do long road trips?

I drove to the Port Of Miami (230 miles one way) and back last Sunday and am going to do it again tomorrow. On the highway with the cruise control set, you'd never know it's there. But, I was hoping my highway mileage would not affected as much as mixed and early results are not promising. Looks like a 5% loss at 80-ish MPH, tomorrow's drive will give me more data.

My technique is to hold the roof by either side (right around the release handles) and put the back in first. I'll have a large beach towel in place so that the back of the roof is on the towel and not the carpet. I get it in and all the way to the back and then lower the front down towards the firewall. It just barely clears and rests against the firewall right under the trunk opening lip. Once it's in place, I pull the beach towel over the roof and tuck it under in the front. If I'm going to be going around corners at any speed, I put my camera bag or a pillow between the roof and CD changer to keep it from slamming side to side in the trunk.
Hope that helps!

X2 this is how I do it too.

5% loss for an extra 100hp is a nice trade off. ;)

Agreed!!

Contemplating supercharging my 99' Formula red :biggrin:

Heyskippy, how noticeable is the power difference? I have yet to drive an sc NSX.

Heyskippy, how noticeable is the power difference? I have yet to drive an sc NSX.
It's quite noticeable, unmistakeable if you're already used to driving the car. It basically moves the beginning of the fun range down 1500 or 2000 RPM and everything happens much more quickly after 4000 RPM. Sounds bitchin' too! :D

- - - Updated - - -

Love the view!
DSC_1886.jpg

Don't want to be a jerk, but I did think every T NSX owner knew the roof panel would fit into the trunk...... :surprise:

Of course, if you have some junk in the trunk it would be a no - go.

As a T newbie, I didn't Neal... never would have thought it could squeeze in there. Guess I was wrong. :-)

As a T newbie, I didn't Neal... never would have thought it could squeeze in there. Guess I was wrong. :-)

IS good then; that Scorp puts this back out there.

And for some unknown reason, I cannot view heySkippy' s pics. Maybe lock box too tight :frown:

I'm almost 3 years into the T and didn't realize it. Of course I have the clam shell so I dont really need the truck, it was more of interest.

the road trip is still easily doable. the targa can be placed at about a 40 degree angle in the trunk, allowing a couple of small duffels beneath it, and a couple of small duffels above. Not to mention a duffel bag in the passenger footwell. What is it with all the princesses on this forum? Hell I manage 1000 mile road trips in my FGT and that thing has a trunk that basically fits a purse.

I have a T as well. Just wondering if mine is missing something. When I release the lever to put the T under the engine cover, I have to hold it up with my arm while I"m trying put put the top away. Is there an arm or something that should hold up the lid?

I have a T as well. Just wondering if mine is missing something. When I release the lever to put the T under the engine cover, I have to hold it up with my arm while I"m trying put put the top away. Is there an arm or something that should hold up the lid?

There should be a strap snapped to the bottom of rear glass with a plastic hook that drops down and holds up the lid.

14 yrs T owner and I never knew it fit in the trunk, hense my initial reply. Then again, never tried as I too have the clamshell.

Back