• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tein re

Discontinued from TEIN since long time, but still a great suspension (IMO)
TEIN RE with 60mm spring conversion, NSX-R spec setup with 100kg springs front and 90kg rear.
11,4 kg overall weight
Maybe the lightest suspension for the NSX.

Still looks great,like new, actually removed for cleaning and inspection.

photo-13133-431bd870.jpg

photo-10784-9ab1c1e2.jpg

photo-11512-dca8bf6a.jpg

photo-11597-44d2d358.jpg

photo-12362-f9c821b8.jpg

Discontinued from TEIN since long time, but still a great suspension (IMO)

I remember this being the hot ticket for those that had dedicated track rats about 15 years ago.

I've ridden in one NSX many years ago that had the RE, but I don't remember the spring rates. It was very harsh on the street, but yes, it is a lightweight option!

These look almost brand new on the outside, have you had them rebuilt internally since they are old dampers?

I remember this being the hot ticket for those that had dedicated track rats about 15 years ago.

I've ridden in one NSX many years ago that had the RE, but I don't remember the spring rates. It was very harsh on the street, but yes, it is a lightweight option!

These look almost brand new on the outside, have you had them rebuilt internally since they are old dampers?

Yes, stock setup was harsh, thats the reason why I removed these big and heavy springs and started with the 60mm HRS springs from H&R.
Spring rates of the JDM springs were 100kg front and 100 kg rear, weight was 1,5kg front and 2,9kg rear.

I tested many different spring rates and decided to go for the NSX-R idea.....100kg front and 90kg rear.
Thats perfect for my driving style.

Since after 17 years, the dampers are close, no sign of wear at the piston rods.
Simple test is to turn them into the softest position of rebound/compression and push them to the ground.
They move in and out as new.
All perfect.

Last edited:
I've had my Tein Flex's on since 2010. Absolutely love 'em.

If you have buddies at Bilstein, why not have them fit one of their electronically-adjustable dampers?

The easiest to implement would be their simple two-stage Damptronic Select. It has a switch for two settings - Sport or Comfort. Their other offerings would require various sensor to be fit and that would drive up the cost big time.

All OE's are going to the electronic dampers from manufacturers like Tenneco, Ohlins, Bilstein, etc... Who's going to be the first to adapt to our old NSX platform?

If you have buddies at Bilstein, why not have them fit one of their electronically-adjustable dampers?
This is a 'race' suspension and I like the way it works.
Easy adjustment, superlightweight, I dont need that electronical gimmicks (Schnickschnack)

Another factor are the costs.......development of such dampers costs tons of money....and there is only a small market
Remember that our youngest cars are 14 years old.....
My price limit was 3500 Euro for a prototype suspension, which fullfills all my specification.
Means, even if the NSX is lowered to a minimum height (61cm front), there is enough spring travel rest.
That suspension was developed to work at the Nordschleife, where much spring travel is the key.
We will see.

As far as I know the TEIN Flex can be ordered with motors and can be adjusted with a little controller.

Last edited:
Back