• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tennessee Meet (March) Tail of the Dragon

OK, I have to admit that I am seriously tempted to come up from Atlanta and join you for the beginning of the drive. I figure it will take about 2 1/2 hours for me to get to the meeting point. There isn't enough time for me to do the whole loop through the park and I would love to do the Cherohala drive instead.
Are there any other ATL people who would like to get out early on Sat AM, hook up with the group, do the Dragon and Cherohala drives and be back in ATL for dinner? C'mon, make this impossible to resist....

PGM

Sheesh your only 2 hrs away. It shouldnt even be a question. :wink:

Its getting close!!!!!!!!

Anyone on the Tennessee side that wants to meet-up at Up the Creek Fish Camp and Grill located at 352 Fountain View Cir, Alcoa, TN 37701 between 7:30 and 8:00, I will be there with a few other drivers. We leave at 8am (rain or shine) and head towards and over the Foothills Parkway. If there are others waiting on 129 at the base of the dragon near the lake, we will hook up with you there and continue.

BladesNSX (late entry from Miami. Yes Miami,FL!!) and TodddeJag (Knoxville) will be with waiting. This is going to be fun!!!! My cell phone number is 865 684 0467 if you need directions or get lost.

James

AERO/anyone - Call if you are bored Friday night. There will be others in the area and you are welcome to hang out with us.

The white car in this photo is just plain awesome!!!! What lucky bastard owns this car??? Oh yeah, its mine. Muahahahahahahahaah!!!

DSC01682.jpg

Its getting close!!!!!!!!

Anyone on the Tennessee side that wants to meet-up at Up the Creek Fish Camp and Grill located at 352 Fountain View Cir, Alcoa, TN 37701 between 7:30 and 8:00, I will be there with a few other drivers. We leave at 8am (rain or shine) and head towards and over the Foothills Parkway. If there are others waiting on 129 at the base of the dragon near the lake, we will hook up with you there and continue.

I'm driving up tomorrow and will stay in Maryville, so I'll see you at the restaurant Saturday morning.

Here is the list as of today. People in Green have confirmed since yesterday.

1. comtec
2. MJK
3. Usafdarkhorse
4. TitaniumVtec
5. heySkippy
6. Mirroredshades
7. todddejag
8. Rathemacher
9. sjones
10.Mills_NSX
11.Aero
12.newguy
13.bgwilly31
14.MYRELISE
15.Oldduffer
Turn me Green, I'm in. :rolleyes:

Ok, so up the creek by 8AM? I'll be there and revise the earlier post.

Is that by/in foothills mall?

MIKE / COMTEC - got your VM and will give you a call. PM me your cell #?

James, if you guys are doing anything entertaining on Fri night, give me a jingle. I'll be driving over tomorrow.

MJK,
Up the Creek is a few miles north of the FootHills Mall. If you were to stay right at the split instead of going left, 129 would take you right by the mall. Take 129 South past the airport 2ish miles and take the left side of the split. Up the Creek is right there on the right.

Got it. Thanks.

Updated list

1. comtec
2. MJK
3. Usafdarkhorse
4. TitaniumVtec
5. heySkippy
6. Mirroredshades
7. todddejag
8. Rathemacher
9. sjones
10.Mills_NSX
11.Aero
12.newguy
13.bgwilly31
14.MYRELISE
15.Oldduffer
16..BladesNSX

Weather is looking dry for tomorrow according to WBIR and I am on my way out the door!

Have a safe trip everyone... and call me if there is anything interesting planned for tonight.

Good news! I am here safe and sound and now have PROOF my car does not melt in rain!

Strangest thing happed on my drive over. I was on the psychic hotline for my daily checkup with Madame Juju. She had strong visions visions of a black NSX with out of state plates and 'fancy rims' getting a little tail happy just north of Kingston Pike in West Knoxville at about 4:45. I of course took this as the sign from beyond that it was SURE to be, and told her I really FELT like I needed a set another set of rims and appreciated the confirmation. She did not seem convinced. I'm still fighting the cause.

Anyhow, I am off to clean the brown stripes off the car real quick in this BEAUTIFUL sunshine. :biggrin:

If we're getting together for dinner of something give me a call. I think everyone has my number but if not PM me.

On a COMPLETELY unrelated note, I may have some leather cleaner in the trunk. Mirror, if you need me to bring any let me know. :tongue:

Last edited:
Good news! I

On a COMPLETELY unrelated note, I may have some leather cleaner in the trunk. Mirror, if you need me to bring any let me know. :tongue:

That's funny. I have some windex. If somebody has some good tire cleaner we could have a detail party. Hmmmm.... I wonder if the hotel would mind if I used some of these extra towels.

:eek:

I've stopped for the night, but I'm still about a half hour short of Maryville. The traffic through Georgia on I75 SUCKED BALLS and put me about 2 hours behind where I wanted to be.

Oh well, I'm still there in the AM, dirty car and all.

Glad you can make it Paul.

See you guys (And Deb :smile: ) in the morning.

1. comtec
2. MJK
3. Usafdarkhorse
4. TitaniumVtec
5. heySkippy
6. Mirroredshades
7. todddejag
8. Rathemacher
9. sjones
10.Mills_NSX
11.Aero
12.newguy