• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Test drove a viper yersterday

:cool:
I test drove a '04 Viper convertible yesterday and while the power was great I couldn't wait to get back in NSX as the handling in the Viper seemed very subpar after driving the NSX the past few years. At least I got it out of my system.

I had to see what it was like to have that power. I will say that I was at 80 in the same time I get to 60 in my car. I didn't realize how fast I was going until I looked down. However, I also felt that the view out the front is much better in the NSX and the feel of the road is no comparison. :biggrin:

You would have got flamed on the Viper Boards for calling an RT a "convertible!" :biggrin:

I totally agree about the view in front when driving. Nothing even comes close to the NSX.

druby said:
:cool:
I test drove a '04 Viper convertible yesterday and while the power was great I couldn't wait to get back in NSX as the handling in the Viper seemed very subpar after driving the NSX the past few years. At least I got it out of my system.

Thats exactly how I felt when I drove the C6 and the SSR last week. Power was there but still lacks quality. The interior still has plenty of plastic, the leather was thin and cheap looking, car felt sloppy (exept the Z51) it gave me an indication it will rattle in the near future.

This is a $44K SSR (huge dissapointment of how sloppy and poorly constructed this Truck is)
DSCF1261.jpg

No thanks to both but I'll pass and stick to my 14 year old design Honda.

I drove a 96 GTS two years ago and I felt that the entire car in general was borderline undriveable. Clutch felt absolutely barbaric, the steering and suspension were totally clumsy, interior seemed to be that of a higher class Neon. God-awful fast though!

spartan2-3 said:
Thats exactly how I felt when I drove the C6 and the SSR last week. Power was there but still lacks quality. The interior still has plenty of plastic, the leather was thin and cheap looking, car felt sloppy (exept the Z51) it gave me an indication it will rattle in the near future.

This is a $44K SSR (huge dissapointment of how sloppy and poorly constructed this Truck is)
DSCF1261.jpg

No thanks to both but I'll pass and stick to my 14 year old design Honda.

Hey, I worked for the state of Florida as LEO and we drove Blazer's the interior looks similar to the ssr that’s what you get for 44 grand with Chevy, I’ll stick with Honda . :smile:

The SSR costs $44k??? :eek: Given that picture, one could do so much better in so many ways with $44k! I've never done any SSR shopping (other than wheels :D), but I've always thought they were in the $20k range. :p

CDX_NSX said:
The SSR costs $44k??? :eek: but I've always thought they were in the $20k range. :p

If they were in the 20k range they would be priced what they are worth and GM would sell a ton of them. Worse yet the 04's had the 5.3 under the hood making the truck a real dog. This year they put the 6.0 in giving it ~390 I think. The price on the 05's is no more than the 04's were. Now the 04's are seriously depreciating fast because most people want the 05's. I have spotted used 04's on ebay for high 20's.

Car and driver TV bashed the SSR to death when they tested the truck.

Back