• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thanks Tom...

Tom, Thanks for setting up this event. IMO, the hours you put into maintaining the list of everyone who said they would attend and keeping everyone in the loop, is the reason I and probably everyone else who attended had a great time. And most of all, THANKS for taking the caravan through the town of Salinas :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Mike

Tom, Thanks for setting up this event. IMO, the hours you put into maintaining the list of everyone who said they would attend and keeping everyone in the loop, is the reason I and probably everyone else who attended had a great time. And most of all, THANKS for taking the caravan through the town of Salinas :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Mike

Agreed - Tom, thanks to you and all the NSXCA and Acura folks involved.

Best, --twc

Dear Tom,

Thank you very much for all your time and effort. You certainly sacrificed quite a bit for our benefit. We all appreciete it.

Thank you again and it was a pleasure meeting you.

Nev

Tom,

As a new member and my first NSXCA event, I had the greatest time.
Thanks again for all of your personal time and hard work making this a very successful event. Having previous experience setting up car events, I know how difficult it is with a limited number of volunteers. It is definitely not easy.

Also, thanks to your team players/volunteers that were involved in the making of this event.

Here are some rough draft pics from the event. Sorry for any duplicates. I'm not too good at pictures.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14766067@N07/show/with/1646583506/

Here are more Professional ones of just the ALMS cars
http://www.biodan.org/pix16/alms_10212007.html

Last edited:
See other post :biggrin: :biggrin: me two! CU in Portland! Gil

Tom what can i say...you did a great job. We really enjoyed the event and appreciate all the extra work you put into it. What a success!!
Thanks

Tom,
Thank you for your dedication, planning, hard work and passion for making this event one of the best I've ever attended. I'll never forget the fun we had.

...and by the way...thanks for taking us through Salinas to Monterey on 68 instead of on 156...I really didn't want to drive along the coast anyway...:biggrin: :tongue: :tongue:

ditto Tom.

Great job. Thanks for making it a great weekend!!

Special shout out to Larry Bastanza for lobbying to the powers at be to allow 100 cars out for the parade lap.

Thanks Tom,

This was definitely a first class event!! My hat is off to you for working so hard to make this an event that we will be talking about for the years to come. Thanks again.

As I told you at the track Tom, you did a phenomenal job with the event. I was fortunate to be able to attend three of the races this year (Sebring, Lime Rock and Laguna) and commend you on the organization and planning of everything. I am sure the rest of the NSXCA Board will agree with me that you are to be commended for your work on behalf of the club.

Thanks also for making us Northeast interlopers feel so welcome and a special thank you to Gil for being my pilot during the parade lap.

Thanks to Tom, Acura and all the others involved in creating an unforgetable experience off the track and on the track.
I would sure like to have some more of these experiences as soon as possible.

Thanks Tom, it was a well organized event. Also thanks to Carlos for ogranizing the caravan and other volunteers at the registration desk and parking lot.

I had a blast at the event. By the way, I just renew my NSXCA membership and looking forward for the NSXPO in Portland Oregon.

Here is an interested quote from a visitor from the Z club. Here is what he posted on "my350z.com":

BornSlippyZ said:
Yep I had a great time at Laguna...Next year I would love to caravan with some Z's or other Nissans.

Not to Jock the NSX crew but they have their SH!T together! What I mean is they had there own corral, Hospitality tent complete with catered food, and their own grandstand!:eek: I was impressed.... Hell even the Corvette people did not have a spread like the NSX guys.
I would now like to ask if anyone would love to plan a trip for next year to go to this event. Feel free to PM me with Ideas.:)

Not to mention that we were allowed 100 cars unlike the others only 50.

Just wanted to share.

Special shout out to Larry Bastanza for lobbying to the powers at be to allow 100 cars out for the parade lap.

Thanks for your comment, but....you really have to give the credit to Tom on this. Although I was involved in the "discussion" it takes a lot more then "talk" to get an event like this to happen.

Tom initially recommended the count of 50 was too low. We discussed it with Acura, then after the "talk" was over, Tom went to work.

Kudo's the you Tom and everyone involved, it was a GREAT event.

Tha a huge thank you to Larry Hayes from IMSA, TE McHale and all the folks at Acura for making this happen.

Best Regards,
LarryB

Back