• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The best way to get your NSX cleaned

At your local AYSO Girl's Soccer team car wash!

Attachments

• IMG_0226.jpg
    IMG_0226.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 443
Pedobear.jpg

The only thing worse then this is probably the free car wash you get at the dealer after service

I would have just made a donation for them not to wash it

I pulled in to fill up yesterday and a soccer/cheerleading team was washing cars, they told me I had to let them wash my car and I thought to myself, "does it look dirty? I machine polished it last night". I politely declined and made a donation, sorry girls.

The only thing worse then this is probably the free car wash you get at the dealer after service

Not all dealerships are created equal though. I wasn't going to let my dealership (Acura of Peoria) wash my NSXs after my most recent service, but after speaking to their inventory manager (who is an experienced detailer) and learning about their state of the art washing equipment, I let them wash/wax my NSXs and they made them shine. I was extremely impressed, and my cars looked better than the dedicated car wash place that I usually go to. If my dealer had more convenient hours I would gladly pay them to clean my cars every time.

But yeah, I would not let a group of students touch my NSX unless they were attending automotive detailing school. :biggrin:

LMAO @ pedobear.

Agreed.

These "charity" car wash events, they drop the sponges and rags on the ground all the time, pick them up and continue. Any rocks/debris/dirt on that sponge/rag, is now scratching your paint all to hell.

NEVER EVER go to one of these unless you're parking off to the side and just providing them a cash donation. Let them wash the minivans...

YMMV. I know these girls, I'm the "official" team photographer, they love this car and got a thrill out of washing it. Priceless.

Back