• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Changes for NSX

The new HSC which is powered by 300 ponies has me excited and a little disappointed.

The car is defenitely pleasing to the eye, and anyone that sees it would think its a super fast car.

What dissapoints me is that it only has 300 ponies, the $30k camaro has almost 400 hp.

Owning a 2005 Acura HSX (NSX) for 90k and being smoked by a 30k Camaro would be embarassing.

I am sure Honda knows what they are doing, I have smoked 350hp mustangs in my 270 hp NSX.

After all Horsepower for Honda has a different meaning, the gearing, the cars weight, torque is what will set the HSC apart.

Still Horsepower has me confused to this day. I know weight is a big factor, but claiming such and such car has more horsepower and yours has only 300hp seems to have a whole new meaning these days.

I just hope that the HSC will be lighter and out perform Toyota's 2866 lb, 402 hp Volta. If the performance doesn't come close, then I won't even consider buying the HSC. I'm only assuming that they could be in the same class; which I certainly hope they are. ;)

But Just think of it...... even if it didn't have the power you were looking for. Even though the majority of HSC buyers wont take it to it's limit when driving.

But wouldn't it be nice to have a car that is limited production. Think of how many mustangs fixed up. Honda Civic's with superchargers added. Chevy Camaros etc.

Now compare this when driving the NSX--- The NSX is a magnet for attention. People will look twice just to see the car drive by.

Now think about the rest of the cars out there-- even Mercededs AMG and mercedes 55.... Even Porsches don't get the type of attention that NSX does.

Ever since porsche came out with the boxter it pretty much killed it's eye shocking attention. Why? because there are so many boxters out there that the majority of people mistake a $100k,000 911 for a boxter , and could care less or won't even bother to check the car out.

That's how I look at it. I don't think the HSC will let you down, when Honda say performance car. They mean PERFORMANCE CAR

KennyNsx said:
What dissapoints me is that it only has 300 ponies, the $30k camaro has almost 400 hp.
The Camaro hasn't been produced since 2002. The final 35th Anniversary Edition SS model produced 325 hp peak. If that's almost 400, then the current NSX has "almost 350". :) Nevertheless, it will give an NSX a run for its money... especially if they've opted for the automatic and can click off perfect runs sans skill just by taking their foot off the brake and mashing the throttle.

I agree on the Boxster / 911... I wonder how 911 sales have fared since the prestige level took the hit.

As RyRy210 and AndyH pointed out, the HSC is a one-off showcar that may be the basis for the next generation NSX. Nobody has quoted a power rating for the next NSX. Until then it's all just rumour and innuendo.

since when was the NSX based on dollar/hp? if that's the case, it has already lost it's reputation long ago.

who cares if camaros, mustangs, corvettes, etc can smoke the NSX. for the lifetime and maintenance of the NSX, you probably have to buy at least 3 of those cars above to match.

that's one thing consumer reports says about car owners...they don't think ahead. they only look at the dollar value during a purchase. if you incorporate insurance, maintenance and other costs into a 5 year ownership, you'll be surprised what should be bought in the first place.

some ownership costs for 5 years are equal to or greater than the msrp of the car....i think most of you know which ones out there.

so from a $$$ perspective, i say NSX is a great value....don't just look at the $89k sticker.

end of point.

Last edited:
Blue Knight said:
since when was the NSX based on dollar/hp? if that's the case, it has already lost it's reputation long ago.

who cares if camaros, mustangs, corvettes, etc can smoke the NSX. for the lifetime and maintenance of the NSX, you probably have to buy at least 3 of those cars above to match.

that's one thing consumer reports says about car owners...they don't think ahead. they only look at the dollar value during a purchase. if you incorporate insurance, maintenance and other costs into a 5 year ownership, you'll be surprised what should be bought in the first place.

some ownership costs for 5 years are equal to or greater than the msrp of the car....i think most of you know which ones out there.

so from a $$$ perspective, i say NSX is a great value....don't just look at the $89k sticker.

end of point.

Exactly.

Go get in a 10 year old Camaro/Vette/Mustang/Etc. and give it a 'once over'. They often look like they were pulled fresh out of the junkyard. Whereas my '91 still elicits comments from people thinking it is brand new, and mine has nearly 110,000 miles on it, it certainly hasn't been a garage queen.

Paying money for a car is more than buying horsepower. If you can get top notch quality and horsepower, great, but sacrificing quality for horsepower is only for the drag racing crowd IMO.

That's not to say that I don't hope the HSC/NSX rolls out with 400+ HP though :p

JS

wait a minute....i thought we're getting the quad-turbo 550+hp version in the US :D

i just know it can smoke the ME 4-12

here we go again.....:)

p.s. hey jonathan, we gotta have lunch again...it's your turn to testdrive....

Back