• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The League

Anyone else think The League is one of the funniest things on TV next to Impractical Jokers? "When Rafi Met Randy" was just hilarious from start to finish.

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/league-when-rafi-met-randy-209657

960.jpg

Impractical Jokers and the first season of East Bound and Down have been the funniest things on TV IMHO for years.

Can anyone recommend anything similar along those lines? I've heard It's Always Sunny in Cleveland is great and I have yet to watch it.

Do you mean, Always Sunny in Philadelphia? Yes, my favorite all time.
Impractical Jokers and the first season of East Bound and Down have been the funniest things on TV IMHO for years.

Can anyone recommend anything similar along those lines? I've heard It's Always Sunny in Cleveland is great and I have yet to watch it.

Do you mean, Always Sunny in Philadelphia? Yes, my favorite all time.

Yes, lol. See I really haven't watched that one yet.

If it's funnier than Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Chappelle Show, or either of the 3 I mentioned above, I'll be really happy.

I'm watching when rafi met randy again while making dinner here. Damn that was funny.

Then start from season 1. You'll be hooked.:wink:
Yes, lol. See I really haven't watched that one yet.

If it's funnier than Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Chappelle Show, or either of the 3 I mentioned above, I'll be really happy.

I'm watching when rafi met randy again while making dinner here. Damn that was funny.

It's definitely on my list. I haven't watched Mad Men or the sopranos yet either, believe it or not. I was not a huge TV watcher (and really still am not) but over Christmas break 2010, I had 2 weeks of delayed vacation and on a random suggestion, a buddy suggested I try either Dexter, Breaking Bad, Californication, or Entourage. Holy hell, I found myself staying up till 3am watching 6 episodes a night of Breaking Bad or Dexter at a time.

So Mad Men, Game of Thrones, and Sunny in Phila are on my "winter downtime" list. Any other A+ suggestions?

I watched season 1 and 2 of the League and I thought they were pretty hilarious. I stopped around season 3 because I thought the comedy was a bit over the top and they were trying too hard to be vulgar/funny. Vulgar comedy if done right can be funny, but not in season 3 IMHO. If the show is good again, I'll give it another shot!

I love the Leauge and Always Sunny, another one that I have found is Key & Peel on comedy central.

League is great, some episodes get a little too out there for me with the oddities. East bound down and out season one was so good years ago, that that the rest of the seasons I found this year on Amazon prime couldn't quite measure up to the memory. I do enjoy my californication. If you've Never watched the sopranos, you're missing basic tv fundamentals.

Of all the seasons of The League for me to start this thread...watched a few more episodes of this season and it feels like it's kind of lost its zip. It was fun when the writing was centered around their league and now it's trying to be a regular sitcom, lol. Where's that sunny philadelphia on On Demand...

Back