• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The New NSX is DEAD!

Every time I see your avatar I admire that color...

+1

I was at the dealer today and he told me that Honda Japan was asked by our Honda importer about the new NSX and it's availability. He said that he has this info since two weeks and that it is black on white that it's going to be 2011 with a V10 and 500+ hp. For some reason they have tested the 'S2000' on the Nürburgring. :wink: From the sound of that car it was a V10.

Well, I don't believe any announcements of Honda Japan since two or three years but if someone wants to bet with me, you're invited. :D

Ugh.. Green. Who gives a $hit about that. Just build the next Ferrari killer. When Ferrari thinks green, I'll think green. :rolleyes:

Well you better start thinking green, because Ferrari has been doing just that for the past year or so:

Ferrari Makes Commitment to Green Performance

Ferrari Biofuel Spyder

Ferrari to Increase Mileage by 40%

Ferrari has been talking about making their cars much lighter, with smaller, more fuel efficient engines, but maintaining the overall power-to-weight ratio. I'll bet that Ferrari will be the first company to adapt its upcoming KERS technology from F1 to a production sports car.

I think SteveNY is right-on, why not make a 400 HP sports car with excellent performance (who cares if isn't at the very top of the performance chart) that gets 35-40 mpg. Now that would get lots of attention, praise and sales, whereas a gas-guzzling Ferrari wanna-be will ultimately fail in the marketplace.

Well you better start thinking green, because Ferrari has been doing just that for the past year or so:

Ferrari Makes Commitment to Green Performance

Ferrari Biofuel Spyder

Ferrari to Increase Mileage by 40%

Ferrari has been talking about making their cars much lighter, with smaller, more fuel efficient engines, but maintaining the overall power-to-weight ratio. I'll bet that Ferrari will be the first company to adapt its upcoming KERS technology from F1 to a production sports car.

I think SteveNY is right-on, why not make a 400 HP sports car with excellent performance (who cares if isn't at the very top of the performance chart) that gets 35-40 mpg. Now that would get lots of attention, praise and sales, whereas a gas-guzzling Ferrari wanna-be will ultimately fail in the marketplace.

I'm afraid that green farrari's, ain't real farrari's but the are to farrari as VW is to porche. And I'm also afraid I will never drive a car with cardboard wheels...;)

I'm afraid that green farrari's, ain't real farrari's but the are to farrari as VW is to porche. And I'm also afraid I will never drive a car with cardboard wheels...;)

Hey, those cardboard wheels are made from RECYCLED cardboard!

Some people felt that the loss of the carburetor marked the end of real Ferrari's. Or when catalytic converters were mandated. Or OBD-2.

IMO, the green initiative won't stop the constant march towards higher performance cars - it will just add a new dimension. Seems like every 10 years there is a new industry focus - whether safety, emissions, reliability, etc. I think we can and will have it all in sports cars in the very near future - high performance (even higher that what we have today), styling, design, excitement, sound, super clean emissions, safety, rock-solid reliability and ... and high efficiency (and therefore, low carbon emissions).

"The GT-R has already sleighed all of the dragons. The Z06 and 911 Turbo have been killed."

The Z06 dies not need a turbo like the GT-R. If you turbo a Z06 the GT-R will never catch it. The GT-R is a cool car but people act like its a Zonda when they talk about it. On top of that now every one will have one and in 3 years of less you will see them all over the place like you see the 350Z.

The GT-R has already sleighed all of the dragons.
Sleighed?

2Basic_Sleigh.jpg

If you turbo a Z06 the GT-R will never catch it.

You won't have to catch it because the ZO6 will be standing still spinning it's wheels. Regular ZO6 already has hand full with traction. So just adding more power is not going to make it too much faster. I hope ZR1 solved the traction problem.

i have faith in honda, i doubt its going to be a 70k car though, nsx hasnt cost that much since 91 and even then prices were gouged over the sticker of 67k or whatever,

:tongue: Seriously? Have you not looked at new Honda's??? It's like the purposely turned there backs on the tunning and racer comunity. Making a sports car is not a concern for honda any more.

:tongue: Seriously? Have you not looked at new Honda's??? It's like the purposely turned there backs on the tunning and racer comunity. Making a sports car is not a concern for honda any more.

werd.gif
and the solution is so simple yet Honda can't figure it out. Give us a CRX, rwd RL(rename it back to Legend), maybe bring back the Prelude, and give us the HSC. All of these with Si/SiR/TypeR options.

Um... when did this happen?

on the nurburing during prototype testing the V-spec lapped around 12 seconds faster than the prototype ZR1. The range for the V-spec in the 7:25-7:20 second range which makes it the FASTEST production car to ever lap the ring.

Also I doubt the GTR will be seen every where, Nissan is only importing 2500 for the first year and 1500 each year afterwards. Only the bigger Nissan dealers will have 1 or 2 tops. I live in NYC where I see all kinds of car so maybe I might see a R35 GTR driving around but I doubt I will ever get to see one up close like I did at the auto show.

on the nurburing during prototype testing the V-spec lapped around 12 seconds faster than the prototype ZR1. The range for the V-spec in the 7:25-7:20 second range which makes it the FASTEST production car to ever lap the ring.

Also I doubt the GTR will be seen every where, Nissan is only importing 2500 for the first year and 1500 each year afterwards. Only the bigger Nissan dealers will have 1 or 2 tops. I live in NYC where I see all kinds of car so maybe I might see a R35 GTR driving around but I doubt I will ever get to see one up close like I did at the auto show.

Team Nissan of Oxnard, CA is getting 5 this year. My friend is getting the first or second. I forget if the dealership owner is getting one. He wasn't even aware of the GTR until just recently, he owns a G35 and went in to talk to his friend at the dealer after I asked him about the GTR, since he had sold his Viper last year. I can't remember how far down he was on the list, but since he was the first one to show up with a deposit, he was bumped the list.

Also I doubt the GTR will be seen every where, Nissan is only importing 2500 for the first year and 1500 each year afterwards. Only the bigger Nissan dealers will have 1 or 2 tops.

Do you honestly going to believe Nissan and Renault when it comes to money making?

They made that production projection before they found out people will actually pay $70k for a Nissan.

They will pump that car out to the point where you can buy one for invoice by late 2010.

I'll even make a $100 wager with you.:wink: :eek: :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Last edited:
Do you honestly going to believe Nissan and Renault when it comes to money making?

They made that production project before they found out people will actually pay $70k for a Nissan.

They will pump that car out to the point where you can buy one for invoice by late 2010.

I'll even make a $100 wager with you.:wink: :eek: :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Well I'm not a betting man, but I we will have to see. I really do doubt that they will be everywhere like a 350Z though.

Well I'm not a betting man, but I we will have to see. I really do doubt that they will be everywhere like a 350Z though.
I doubt it will be like 350Z, but I bet you will be able to see them all over the place like the C6Z06.

Nissan is on a roll right now making money on cars. The new philosophy is simple: Built cars that is cheap, made out of cheap parts, but with great performance. While at it, they have one of the healthiest margin in the car business.

Believe it or not, to built a Honda Civic or a Acura TL, the basic cost is almost the same. Both goes through the same steel chassis manufacturing process, and take about same amount of the time to put it together. In this case, what makes TL 15 grand more is the accessory inside the car. Navi, Leather, Power seats, etc that civic is lacking of. By having those extra features, the margin also increases.

In Nissan's case, they are charging twice the money for the GTR of a G37. Two turbos, 4 wheel drive, nicer interior. The GTR just don't cost Nissan that much more to produce than a G37.

When I look at and drove the GTR, doesn't matter how hard I look, it is just a beefed up G37 Cpe. I like the car, and I like the performance; at one point, I even considered owning one, until I drove it. I didn't like the sitting position, I didn't like the size of the entire car, and I definitely don't like to look over the high dash... Because it was like my bro's G35!!! I even go as far as admitting the fact that I "tried" to like the car.

At that price range, there is nothing faster, but I'm over speed. I like a little speed, but I do want certain "Honda" aspect in the car and Nissan did not make it any where like a Honda - Low dash, low hood line, great visibility, and most important of all, great drivability.

At the end of the day, if I can pick up a used one for $40 grand few years after the introduction year, I wouldn't mind, but I will never pay $70 grand a Nissan. The car doesn't feel special to me, regardless the fact that it will beat the crap out of my NSX on the road and track.

You didn't say anything about the V-Spec, you said GT-R. And the V-Spec is a prototype so there is no way it can be the world's FASTEST production car when it isn't one.

Besides, there are no official lap times out yet for the ZR-1, so when there are, we'll see then. The only ZR-1 time I remember seeing, the car had two passengers in it and it wasn't officially timed. I'll wait until Chevy releases their own time like Nissan has been able to.

You didn't say anything about the V-Spec, you said GT-R. And the V-Spec is a prototype so there is no way it can be the world's FASTEST production car when it isn't one.

Besides, there are no official lap times out yet for the ZR-1, so when there are, we'll see then. The only ZR-1 time I remember seeing, the car had two passengers in it and it wasn't officially timed. I'll wait until Chevy releases their own time like Nissan has been able to.

both the ZR1 and the V-Spec (not Spec-V like they call it in the US) are both prototypes. the V-Spec prototype owns the ZR1 so far.

the V-Spec prototype owns the ZR1 so far.

True that!!!

Doesn't matter what they do to a road going Corvette, unless they change out the suspension design, it will always be just a super fast muscle car.

Was Nissan running race tires or OEM V-spec tires? I read that the regular GTR fast ring time was done using race tires not street legal tires.

Was Nissan running race tires or OEM V-spec tires? I read that the regular GTR fast ring time was done using race tires not street legal tires.

Nope, it was using OEM tires.

Back