• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The New NSX is DEAD!

in fact nissan just redid the test in ideal conditions for the standard GTR and it did the ring in 7:29 seconds.

here is the article.

GTR29.jpg

Nissan GT-R (The story behind that 7 minute 29 second lap)Author: Jethro Bovingdon
Videographer: Dave Litchfield

"It's old news that the Nissan GTR is rewriting the rules on what's possible for a relatively affordable and everyday usable super-coupe and that it recently lapped the Nordschliefe in 7:29 - setting a new benchmark for fully homologated production cars. But meeting the man who set the time, Tochio Suzuki, and the man in control of the car's development from the ground up, Kazutoshi Mizuno, is a great opportunity to witness first hand just how obsessive Nissan are about the GTR. And how proud they are that it has undoubtedly set new standards for everyone else to be judged against. Grabbing a couple of laps of Estoril with Suzuki is pretty revealing, too...

First up that Nurburgring lap. The target for the GTR was always 7:30 - and it had to be achieved in a fully representative 'customer-spec' car. Mizuno is quite clear on this: 'This time was set on a totally standard car, just like a customer will get. For us 'Time Attack' must be repeatable in a customer car. No special brake pads or cut-slick tyres - everything was standard GTR.' The time, set on April 8th, was achieved on the Dunlop SP Sport 600 DSST tyre that is standard on the basic GTR (i.e. non Premium or 'Black' spec, which both have Bridgestone RE070R tyres). The Dunlop is a little noisier and not quite as good in the wet as the RE070R, but in the dry it's worth 4-5 seconds around the 'Ring. Incredibly all the tests of the GTR in the UK so far have been on the slower Bridgestone - and yet it has consistently set faster lap times than cars like the GT3.

Suzuki is quietly spoken and although he doesn't like to conduct interviews in English he's eloquent when talking about the lap. 'The conditions were perfect. I don't think the car could go faster. Its main strength is stability - on the brakes and in the corners. And the tyres are very consistent.' Is there a scary part of the circuit? - a key section to getting a good time but also the bit you don't look forward to? 'No. The lap was optimum but the car is predictable and easy to drive on the limit.'

The data trace that Mizuno is proud to take me through suggests that Suzuki is being ridiculously modest. The peak lateral G figure is 1.4 - and the car averages 1.3G from corner to corner. The GTR hits 290kph twice on its way to that lap time. The throttle position graph tells of total commitment (TPOS on the graph). Lapping a 1740kg road car in 7:29 is simply a phenomenal achievement.

Incredibly there's more to come. Mizuno, Suzuki and the rest of the team are already well into the V-Spec development programme. Both men are tight lipped about the project but with an increase in power (to around 550bhp) and a 100kg weight saving, the V-Spec should move the GTR even further ahead of its rivals. Suzuki thinks the car should be as much as 10-seconds quicker than the standard car around the 'Ring. However, the V-Spec will have more extreme track-biased tyres, which will account for a large chunk of the time saving.

Suzuki is on full PR duty, demonstrating the GTR to dozens of journalists around the Estoril circuit. I sense he's bored, hence the early quick and tidy laps becoming more lurid as the day goes on. You can hear that the GTR is fully sideways well before each corner from the pit wall - the tyres wailing under the torture - and the spectacular drifting is necessitating a fresh set of Dunlops with virtually every fuel stop. But when I jump in beside him I ask him to do a proper lap first, and then a silly one. He nods approvingly.

First impression is once again just how fast the GTR is - most cars feel blunted on a wide track but the Nissan still feels immense, the power ramping up with every instantaneous gearchange. Suzuki is super-aggressive on the brakes but smooth on corner entry. However he then has to wait for the front to bite and it takes a couple of exploratory prods of the accelerator before the nose sticks and Suzuki can fully commit the twin-turbo 3.8-litre V6. Estoril is smooth and wide, unlike the Nordschleife and you can tell the GTR isn't as suited to this sort of modern circuit. It's still very fast but the weight does tend to push the front wide and Suzuki is more often managing the power than simply unleashing it.

Having said that, the GTR's body control is exceptional and the brakes seem to shrug off the weight. Through the Parabolica - a long fast right-hander where you'd expect the car to start understeering, it stays neutral and Suzuki pours more and more power down to the track. Impressive stuff. Check out the video to see Suzuki at work - we'll also have the full 7:29 lap up soon.

Lap 2 is slower but super-sideways. Suzuki just turns the GTR in on the brakes, waits for the slide to build and then flattens the throttle to pull the car straight. Sometimes it needs virtually full opposite lock but always the transition between grip-slip-grip is smooth and Suzuki is right on top of the car. Afterwards he says the car could be improved 'to give a little more feedback'. The V-Spec is truly going to be a special car."

GTR292.jpg

GTR293.jpg

GTR294.jpg

GTR295.jpg

GTR296.jpg

GTR297.jpg

GTR298.jpg

"The GT-R has already sleighed all of the dragons. The Z06 and 911 Turbo have been killed."

The Z06 dies not need a turbo like the GT-R. If you turbo a Z06 the GT-R will never catch it. The GT-R is a cool car but people act like its a Zonda when they talk about it. On top of that now every one will have one and in 3 years of less you will see them all over the place like you see the 350Z.

the ZR1 is supercharged, and it's still getting beat by the V-Spec.

The game is over. Honda won't be able to touch those times unless they delay the NSX once again and go thru another design iteration.

Those waiting for NSX replacement can now go line up in your Nissan dealer. Those that don't want to get rapped by dealer markup can come back in 2009. The car ain't pretty but for ultimate roller coaster thrills, the GTR is it.

I agree. If Honda want's to build a super car... well great. If it's not a sleek, mid-engine design... then leave the letters NSX out of it.

+1

Honda should not call the new car “NSX”. And, it seems that is what they are doing, as the vehicle is now referred to as the “NSX replacement”. The NSX was as much a corporate statement as it was a groundbreaking exotic design. At the time, Honda needed to convince consumers that it was not simply a producer of cheap, lightweight econo-boxes. They wanted to show the world that Honda could produce world-class and indeed, world beating consumer automobiles. Drawing on their already extensive racing program, the NSX was the culmination of that desire. And it worked. Today, Honda is not only an established auto giant, but it is in many way the global standard for quality and performance (together with Toyota lol). Think about how many times we see a new sedan come out and it is always analyzed as an “Accord fighter”. Compared to 1986, today the Accord (and Camry) are found in almost every driveway across America.

Thus, Honda’s position has changed. So too must their strategy. In 1991, Honda was pleasantly surprised when the NSX exceeded sales expectations. That’s great for us enthusiasts, but it also shows that Honda didn’t really expect to make that much money on the NSX. Instead, they wanted to use the NSX to make consumers take notice of Honda as a for-real option when shopping for their next car. Mission accomplished there, folks. Now, other car companies try to convince us why we should not buy an Accord! Unfortunately, with this consumer success, the need for the NSX “statement” disappeared. The practical effect of this was the gradual decline of the NSX in sales and relative lack of updates to the platform. The corporate desire/support just wasn’t there anymore. I truly think the 2002 update was really just a “thank you” to the small enthusiast community and automotive press, with whom the NSX was and still is beloved. This is the lawyer in me talking, but from a strict dollars standpoint, it probably would have been best to just kill the car in 2002.

The end finally came in 2005, and now we are left with the current frustrating situation. But, taken from Honda corporate’s viewpoint, it seems to be the right move. Honda’s overarching goal 25 years ago was establishing themselves as a world-class auto company, which has been done thanks in part to the NSX. Today’s goal appears to be to establish Acura as an independent luxury performance company to directly compete with BMW, Audi and Daimler-Benz (and some say Lexus) at all price points. Step 1 of this strategy has been identified (some say belatedly) as abandoning the FF platform-sharing with the Accord/Civic and developing dedicated FR chassis powered by high performance V8 and V10 engines. I have to say this is exactly what Honda needs to do. Just as the NSX took direct aim at Ferrari and fought it on its turf of a MR exotic platform, Acura must fight the German performance titans on their turf. Unfortunately, this strategy leaves no room for the NSX. Honda can’t use the NSX platform to develop FR performance sedans because of the unique transverse MR layout. And, they can’t develop a new MR car because of the German big 3, only Audi with their low-volume R8 has a competitive product. Thus, in order to further the new strategic goal, the first new Acura must be a FR design.

As a Honda/Acura nut (when I get it, my NSX will be my 5th Honda), I find myself extremely frustrated by these events, but I have to admit I understand why they are doing it. The “NSX replacement” will be the starting point of the entire new Acura line. Yes, it will be big, heavy and powered by a big ol’ V10, and I won’t buy one. But, it will also be reliable, fast and rock-solid. The good news is that if this strategy succeeds, Honda may decide that it is time to go after Ferrari in the MR exotic realm again. After all, in recent years we’ve seen the comeback of the Camaro, Firebird, Charger and Challenger, all performance cars that were slashed due to declining sales. Assuming a successful Acura re-launch and strong sales, I think an NSX comeback is not outside the realm of possibility. By then, Honda will have a line of highly-potent V10 and V8 powerplants available. Combined with a tweaked 2002+ chassis (it is a timeless and efficient layout), or a fully-developed HSC concept, you’ve got one nasty machine. Personally, I’d like to see a base line NSX with a mid-mounted (V10 derived) 3.5L DOHC V8 , ~450hp@9000rpm. And, a Type-R trim with the 550hp V10… One can only dream. :biggrin: So, I actually hope that the new FR Acura succeeds beyond Honda’s wildest dreams…so much so that they decide to develop a new MR NSX! But please Honda, don’t call this new bloated machine “NSX”. Just my 2 cents.

+1

Honda should not call the new car “NSX”. And, it seems that is what they are doing, as the vehicle is now referred to as the “NSX replacement”. The NSX was as much a corporate statement as it was a groundbreaking exotic design. At the time, Honda needed to convince consumers that it was not simply a producer of cheap, lightweight econo-boxes. They wanted to show the world that Honda could produce world-class and indeed, world beating consumer automobiles. Drawing on their already extensive racing program, the NSX was the culmination of that desire. And it worked. Today, Honda is not only an established auto giant, but it is in many way the global standard for quality and performance (together with Toyota lol). Think about how many times we see a new sedan come out and it is always analyzed as an “Accord fighter”. Compared to 1986, today the Accord (and Camry) are found in almost every driveway across America.

Thus, Honda’s position has changed. So too must their strategy. In 1991, Honda was pleasantly surprised when the NSX exceeded sales expectations. That’s great for us enthusiasts, but it also shows that Honda didn’t really expect to make that much money on the NSX. Instead, they wanted to use the NSX to make consumers take notice of Honda as a for-real option when shopping for their next car. Mission accomplished there, folks. Now, other car companies try to convince us why we should not buy an Accord! Unfortunately, with this consumer success, the need for the NSX “statement” disappeared. The practical effect of this was the gradual decline of the NSX in sales and relative lack of updates to the platform. The corporate desire/support just wasn’t there anymore. I truly think the 2002 update was really just a “thank you” to the small enthusiast community and automotive press, with whom the NSX was and still is beloved. This is the lawyer in me talking, but from a strict dollars standpoint, it probably would have been best to just kill the car in 2002.

The end finally came in 2005, and now we are left with the current frustrating situation. But, taken from Honda corporate’s viewpoint, it seems to be the right move. Honda’s overarching goal 25 years ago was establishing themselves as a world-class auto company, which has been done thanks in part to the NSX. Today’s goal appears to be to establish Acura as an independent luxury performance company to directly compete with BMW, Audi and Daimler-Benz (and some say Lexus) at all price points. Step 1 of this strategy has been identified (some say belatedly) as abandoning the FF platform-sharing with the Accord/Civic and developing dedicated FR chassis powered by high performance V8 and V10 engines. I have to say this is exactly what Honda needs to do. Just as the NSX took direct aim at Ferrari and fought it on its turf of a MR exotic platform, Acura must fight the German performance titans on their turf. Unfortunately, this strategy leaves no room for the NSX. Honda can’t use the NSX platform to develop FR performance sedans because of the unique transverse MR layout. And, they can’t develop a new MR car because of the German big 3, only Audi with their low-volume R8 has a competitive product. Thus, in order to further the new strategic goal, the first new Acura must be a FR design.

As a Honda/Acura nut (when I get it, my NSX will be my 5th Honda), I find myself extremely frustrated by these events, but I have to admit I understand why they are doing it. The “NSX replacement” will be the starting point of the entire new Acura line. Yes, it will be big, heavy and powered by a big ol’ V10, and I won’t buy one. But, it will also be reliable, fast and rock-solid. The good news is that if this strategy succeeds, Honda may decide that it is time to go after Ferrari in the MR exotic realm again. After all, in recent years we’ve seen the comeback of the Camaro, Firebird, Charger and Challenger, all performance cars that were slashed due to declining sales. Assuming a successful Acura re-launch and strong sales, I think an NSX comeback is not outside the realm of possibility. By then, Honda will have a line of highly-potent V10 and V8 powerplants available. Combined with a tweaked 2002+ chassis (it is a timeless and efficient layout), or a fully-developed HSC concept, you’ve got one nasty machine. Personally, I’d like to see a base line NSX with a mid-mounted (V10 derived) 3.5L DOHC V8 , ~450hp@9000rpm. And, a Type-R trim with the 550hp V10… One can only dream. :biggrin: So, I actually hope that the new FR Acura succeeds beyond Honda’s wildest dreams…so much so that they decide to develop a new MR NSX! But please Honda, don’t call this new bloated machine “NSX”. Just my 2 cents.

see that is where your thinking is flawed. honda should not lose hundred's of millions of dollars in r&d on a failure. They should do it right the first time. When ( I said when not if ) this ASSC fails Honda would be so scared to invest so much money into another big project that the NSX will never be born again. Honda can just run out of business for all I care because they really need to step up their game. ( I was never a Honda/Acura fan anyways ).

You won't have to catch it because the ZO6 will be standing still spinning it's wheels. Regular ZO6 already has hand full with traction. So just adding more power is not going to make it too much faster. I hope ZR1 solved the traction problem.

So the Z06 is at its full performance? come on man give me a brake.

see that is where your thinking is flawed. honda should not lose hundred's of millions of dollars in r&d on a failure. They should do it right the first time. When ( I said when not if ) this ASSC fails Honda would be so scared to invest so much money into another big project that the NSX will never be born again. Honda can just run out of business for all I care because they really need to step up their game. ( I was never a Honda/Acura fan anyways ).

Not necessarily. For example, if you go back to the 1980’s and Honda tells you that they are going to build a car that will compete with and beat a Ferrari 348, while maintaining the reliability and practicality of their Accord, would you say that they were pouring millions of r&d dollars (or actually yen lol) into a failure? With hindsight and the legend of the NSX firmly in place, it’s easy to say now that the venture was wise. But at the time, the concept was an enormous financial and image risk, considering Honda was known as a producer of inexpensive, small and efficient passenger sedans.

But does that mean I like the ASCC? No. Do I like the idea of a heavy FR V10 saloon? Nope. But, I understand why Honda is doing it. Do I think this “NSX replacement” is as big a risk as the NSX was back in the 80’s? Sort of. I mean, if the ASCC fails, yes Honda loses a lot of R&D money, but the company is still firmly established as a world-leader. They make their money off of Civics and Accords, which are consistently good sellers. It may mean the eventual failure of the Acura brand, but I doubt Honda is in any real danger from the project. By contrast, if the NSX had bombed, Honda may have been written off as a second rate manufacturer and people could have stopped buying those Accords. I think the company had more on the line back then than now. In any event, from what I understand the ASCC got a really bad reception and has gone through a nearly total redesign. About the only thing leftover is the V10 chassis, so we’ll likely see a totally different looking car when it debuts. Let’s hope it is an improvement over that bloated monstrosity.

I've been saying repeatedly that if the layout of the car is completly different that "NSX" should be left out of the name of the next High Performance car from Honda/Acura. I'm glad others are saying the same thing. I really don't care what they build, but stop calling it an NSX when it's not. If you want to use those letters, then build something worthy of using them.

Quit living in the past. The new NSX is never coming and even if it does, it is too late. The GT-R has already sleighed all of the dragons. The Z06 and 911 Turbo have been killed. There is no way Acura can build a better car than the GT-R for less than $70k. IF Acura does ever produce a sports car again, it won't even be a footnote in the back of Car and Driver.

:rolleyes:

i still have hopes

HondaPowerOfDreamsJ2C.jpg

i have seen 3 photos about new replacement. they have LED headlight.

dont know if it's photoshopped by someone or not. but replacement will come. but we aren't sure when. just be patient.

NSX= exotic exterior. basic interior. LOL

i have seen 3 photos about new replacement. they have LED headlight.

dont know if it's photoshopped by someone or not. but replacement will come. but we aren't sure when. just be patient.

NSX= exotic exterior. basic interior. LOL

Absolutely everything you see out there is a photochop. Unless it's something that comes officially from Honda, it will be a photochop. I don't care if you say you have inside sources, or the owner to your local dealer is your best friend, or Allah told you in your dreams, it's all bullshit.

I've been saying repeatedly that if the layout of the car is completly different that "NSX" should be left out of the name of the next High Performance car from Honda/Acura. I'm glad others are saying the same thing. I really don't care what they build, but stop calling it an NSX when it's not. If you want to use those letters, then build something worthy of using them.

Agreed. Whatever it may be, it won't be a New Sportscar eXperimental.

So the Z06 is at its full performance? come on man give me a brake.

No, I am saying just adding more power to ZO6 isn't the answer. As reply to the guy who said "if they add turbo to ZO6, it's game over." They need to beef up the suspension so that it can handle the extra power.

The only way Acura can save themselves (or a good way, since there may be a lot of ways) is for

Have an NSX (FR or MR or whatever the hell it is..i've lost interest in the new one and just am looking for an old one. But I would suggest MR to keep the balance and with power like this, it'd be a rocketship.), but anyway have the "NSX" come out with it's 550HP V10 or whatever and have a price around 100 - 110k.

Yes, it'll have to be more expensive than the GTR. But that's fine, because by the time the NSX has come out the V8 Acura RL - Lexus LS fighter should be around (if not debuted at the same time), and with proper marketing, should allow Acura to undercut Lexus by that margin. The only way The price can undercut the GTR is if it's badged as a Honda which because we know it won't post numbers like the GTR is fine, since it may have other characteristics to help it against the GTR (Styling, interior and so forth).

Then what needs to be done is to create an NSX Type S or NSX Type R.

This NSX is the one that should go head to head with the Nissan GTR Spec-V (performance wise) but all the while compete with Lexus LFA and the Ferrari F430 area, and again, undercut them on price by say around 185. I know many people may not pay 185 for an Acura, but if Acura has the RL VS LS by that time, and costing 70 - 80k then 185 wouldn't be that bad...especially if it posts numbers equivalent to Ferrari and Lamborghinis...

Because the Lexus is already priced so high, at 225, if Acura has an LS fighter than proves to be decent, then it`ll get Acura noticed. And if Acura shows that it can create a vehicle that actually does compete with the Lexus LS and Audi A8 then people will also believe that perhaps the Acura NSX can also compete with the Lexus LFA and Audi R8.

And if they already have that thought, then it will not be a problem for Acura to undercut both companies, AND have a Hyper NSX model. (Type R, this should probably use a Supercharged or Turbocharged V8 or a more potent V10, with at least 650HP or 700hp with SHAWD on an MR platform....note ask Keonigsegg for help ;))

So yes, the NSX we all love and have (wish to have) is dead. But that doesn`t mean the upcoming sports car doesn't have a chance.

I know I`m `Just a kid` to some of you, so you may not even bother reading this post, but if you did, think about it because with the NSX and new RL supposing to debut around the same time, it would be the perfect way for Acura to 'slingshot' (I mean in the span a year or two instead of 4 or 5) where it should be. It takes time...but this is an opportunity for Honda and Acura to fix it, faster than other companies probably can. In a sense, if Nissan can do it, why can't Honda?

Like I said, it may not be the only way, but Honda still has a chance, it's only really about if they realize it or even care.

Last edited:
The only way Acura can save themselves (or a good way, since there may be a lot of ways) is for

Have an NSX (FR or MR or whatever the hell it is..i've lost interest in the new one and just am looking for an old one. But I would suggest MR to keep the balance and with power like this, it'd be a rocketship.), but anyway have the "NSX" come out with it's 550HP V10 or whatever and have a price around 100 - 110k.

Yes, it'll have to be more expensive than the GTR. But that's fine, because by the time the NSX has come out the V8 Acura RL - Lexus LS fighter should be around (if not debuted at the same time), and with proper marketing, should allow Acura to undercut Lexus by that margin. The only way The price can undercut the GTR is if it's badged as a Honda which because we know it won't post numbers like the GTR is fine, since it may have other characteristics to help it against the GTR (Styling, interior and so forth).

Then what needs to be done is to create an NSX Type S or NSX Type R.

This NSX is the one that should go head to head with the Nissan GTR Spec-V (performance wise) but all the while compete with Lexus LFA and the Ferrari F430 area, and again, undercut them on price by say around 185. I know many people may not pay 185 for an Acura, but if Acura has the RL VS LS by that time, and costing 70 - 80k then 185 wouldn't be that bad...especially if it posts numbers equivalent to Ferrari and Lamborghinis...

Because the Lexus is already priced so high, at 225, if Acura has an LS fighter than proves to be decent, then it`ll get Acura noticed. And if Acura shows that it can create a vehicle that actually does compete with the Lexus LS and Audi A8 then people will also believe that perhaps the Acura NSX can also compete with the Lexus LFA and Audi R8.

And if they already have that thought, then it will not be a problem for Acura to undercut both companies, AND have a Hyper NSX model. (Type R, this should probably use a Supercharged or Turbocharged V8 or a more potent V10, with at least 650HP or 700hp with SHAWD on an MR platform....note ask Keonigsegg for help ;))

So yes, the NSX we all love and have (wish to have) is dead. But that doesn`t mean the upcoming sports car doesn't have a chance.

I know I`m `Just a kid` to some of you, so you may not even bother reading this post, but if you did, think about it because with the NSX and new RL supposing to debut around the same time, it would be the perfect way for Acura to 'slingshot' (I mean in the span a year or two instead of 4 or 5) where it should be. It takes time...but this is an opportunity for Honda and Acura to fix it, faster than other companies probably can. In a sense, if Nissan can do it, why can't Honda?

Like I said, it may not be the only way, but Honda still has a chance, it's only really about if they realize it or even care.

wtf.gif

nuts.gif

After rereading it, it sounds better left in my head. Sorry.

I don't believe that an NSX replacement needs to beat the GT-R around the Ring to be a viable sports car. It does have some big shoes to fill though, and if it costs over $140k, it won't matter anyway, because I won't be buying one. :tongue:

NSX is NSX.. (sleek design and mid engine car)

there should not be new generation NSX..

if there will be, it should not be named NSX.. name it something else..

leave nsx alone.. haha :biggrin:

The GTR is nice, no doubt.
But it will never replace the endless time classic lines or beauty of the NSX.

attachment.php

Acura NSX aims for Nissan GT-R’s Nurburgring Lap Times

quote:

Despite being delayed over and over again, Japan’s Best Car Magazine provides some extra detail regarding the upcoming NSX.

With the appearance of the Honda S2000 bodied NSX replacement last year at the Nurburgring circuit in Germany, things seemed well underway with NSX development and put many Honda enthusiasts at ease as to whether an NSX replacement would ever eventuate. Well things have steadily gathered pace it seems with Honda ready to test the new NSX’s bodywork strength and aerodynamics starting late this month. The biggest news would have to be Honda’s intention of getting a 7:30.00 lap time around the Nurburgring!

The NSX is rumored to get a front mounted 90 degree V10 with a capacity of 4.5 liters and putting out 122ps/liter for a total of around 550ps and 55.0kg/m torque. Previous reports quoted a 72 degree angle for the cylinder banks, but it seems that a 90 degree angle (like the F1 V10) isn’t too wide as some thought. Moreover the SH-AWD system to be incorporated in the new NSX will be housed with the rear differential and will spread power to the left and right rear wheels, and the front and back wheels (as well as stability control) to give what Best Car describes as “dream cornering speed ability”. Motoharu Kurosawa, a retired racing driver and a frequent test driver for Best Car, was chosen to help Honda engineers develop the SH-AWD system for the new NSX and has had a lot of experience in this regard with other car manufacturers such as Nissan. The aim is to give the FR based AWD system “world class” dynamics an to achieve the seven and a half minute lap time at Nurburgring.

The SH-AWD system will operate with a 30% front, 70% rear power distribution under normal driving, but anywhere up to 70% power can be delivered to the front wheels if needed. Likewise the rear wheels can have anything up to 100% power delivered to either side (eg: 0% right, 100% left) in order to provide the best cornering speed. The reaction time of the SH-AWD system is said to be extremely fast due to its positioning next to the rear differential and the use of a direct electromagnetic clutch arrangement. Best Car point out that a weight of about 1400kg would be needed to achieve a 7:30.00 lap time around the Nurburgring, but this may well be wishful thinking due to the new NSX’s 2+2 seating arrangement and slightly large proportions with (length/width/height) 4610mm x 1950mm x 1250mm dimensions expected to exceed 1500kg.

We will have to wait until late this month or in May to see whether Honda will bring out the new NSX test car again, but one thing is for sure, it won’t be wearing the same body work as seen in January this year…

Text: Justin Karow

CGI: Best Car April 08

source:
http://www.7tune.com/acura-nsx-aims-for-nissan-gt-rs-nurburgring-laptimes/

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• new_acura_nsx_april08_2 copy22.jpg
    new_acura_nsx_april08_2 copy22.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 762
  • new_acura_nsx_april08_2 copy.jpg
    new_acura_nsx_april08_2 copy.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,000
  • new_acura_nsx_april08 copy.jpg
    new_acura_nsx_april08 copy.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 722
Can't waite to see the next round of spyshots,remember all the crazy analysis we gave the last test mule.BTW if the nsx replacment looks like those tiburon sketches I will hurl!

That is not a F$*%(*ing NSX. What's this guy's email so I can give him my 2 cents.

Back