• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The ultimate NSX seat? take a look

I've got an email thread going with Tim @ Level XMS (Tillett's US distributor) for a set. Trying to find out a couple things before I order.

When you say specific part number, do you mean the seat mounts?
Why wait?

Tillet has an NSX-specific part number for their B6F seats: TIL-NSX-B6F

Phone: 855-453-8359 Email: [email protected]

About to pull the trigger on these....

Dave

-m-, Please let us know what you find out. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Mac Attack, is there any specific reason why you're going through Tillett and not through one of their US disributors?

Has anyone purchased these seats and installed them in the NSX, any pictures?

I have 2 sets on order. They are being built.

Nice! Do they sit lower than the regular seats?

They do, about 1-2 inches lower. I am not mounted at the lowest setting either. They are quite comfortable and the wife loved them even after riding in them for 4 hours.

They look awesome. Why did you decide on the b5? I know they have a specific b6f for the NSX.

I went for the B5 because I could still retain the safe use of my OEM seatbelts as well as relative ease of getting in and out of the seats. If I did not do the B5's I think I would have gone the B1 route.

Tillett

I managed to squeeze out enough time to visit the factory in the UK today, I sat in a B1, B5, B6 Inc the B6XL, and met Steve Tillett - great guy.

They were all good, am leaning towards the CF front, FRP back B5, note they have modified the design recently I believe it's a slightly lower line where the seat meets the hip and then back up again.

Found out they do the carbon composite work on the back go Cobra seats too.

How is the B5 in the earlier photo holding up??
And what seat mounts are those, are they from Tillett too?

Just wanted to chime in on this thread that I ordered a Tillett B5 seat today. My main objective with the seat is achieving a lower and further back seating position due to my height (6'-5"). Will keep you guys posted, let me know if you have any questions.

Tillett side brackets (B2 type) and Tillet slider, on top of a Planted base. Decided to install the slider to make the seat adjustable for anyone else that may need to drive the car (my much shorter dad :))

I have seen these seats and I think they're very interesting, but I would need to sit in them before dropping that kind of coin on a seat. Anyone in SoCal willing to let me squeeze myself into their seat to try it out?

Everything came in this week and I was able to get the seat installed yesterday. Overall I am happy with the seat. I ended up mounting the Tillett brackets directly to the Planted base bracket, and skipping the sliding rails. They are about 3/4" thick but were making a big difference for me in seating position.

I also had to customize the Planted bracket. The back bar was interfering with the bottom of the seat, which is supposed to drop below the bracket towards the carpet. But with the clearance I was trying to achieve for leg clearance, I needed it moved back about 3/4" more. So I brought it to my local metal fabricator and had them cut and re-weld it for me. Now that I have verified figment, I'll bring it back to them next week to get fully welded up. Right now it's just tacked in place.

i will probably play around with it a little more, but right now I am happy with the seat and the positioning. It will take some getting used to the new seat, but for me...it's like driving a new car. When I bought my NSX I always had the intent of changing the seating position. I am 6'5" and I just always had to slouch in the seat with my knees jammed up against the steering wheel. Now I have plenty of room in both directions. At some point in the future I might change the passenger seat to match, but for now I will leave it as is.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 839
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 301
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 779
Last edited:
Great job. Its amazing how much more room the cabin suddenly has, right?

Great job. Its amazing how much more room the cabin suddenly has, right?

It is! Next step is to research and find if any of the aftermarket steering columns can push the steering wheel position any further out to lower my reach distance.

Do you have any pictures of your seats installed?

I have the Tillett seats in my another car of mine and there is NOTHING that is better quality then these. I'm not sure how you got an 8/10 I have bought and installed many of these and they are always 10/10. Between weight and quality, no other seat even comes close to these UK made seats. Password JDM makes a knockoff of these and sells them as Technocraft.

I haven't mounted mine yet. LOL. I need to fabricate custom brackets. Agree with sound effects, every Tillett I've seen is 10/10.

Here is a picture of where the Planted bracket was modified. I just got home from the fabricator to get it fully welded up, and now its got 2 coats of black automotive trim spray paint on it. I also took some pictures of the holes I mentioned in the radius edges of the seat.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4193.jpg
    IMG_4193.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 727
  • IMG_4196.jpg
    IMG_4196.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 727
  • IMG_4198.jpg
    IMG_4198.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 737
Last edited:
Never seen carbon like that before. Looks a little strange. The ones in my Lamborghini Gallardo don't have those little holes and look perfect.

Never seen carbon like that before. Looks a little strange. The ones in my Lamborghini Gallardo don't have those little holes and look perfect.

Tillett stepped up to the plate and made the situation right. I was offered to either swap the seat for a new one or take a credit against the original sale price. Thanks to Tim at Tillet Seats USA for taking this issue to Tillet UK's attention and making sure the situation was corrected. I look forward to buying my second seat from them .

Back