• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thinking Of Going From 91 To 05???

I currently own a 91 5sp with 55k miles and I'm looking at going to an 05 with 5k miles. My question is has anyone gone from a 91 to a 02 or newer and wish they had just kept there old car and saved there money? Or just give an opoinion on the topic. UPDATE-the purchase is complete and pick it up Aug 4. It's an 05 Red/Black 6sp with 4230 miles.

Last edited:
I currently own a 91 5sp with 55k miles and I'm looking at going to an 05 with 5k miles. My question is has anyone gone from a 91 to a 02 or newer and wish they had just kept there old car and saved there money? Or just give an opoinion on the topic.

I went from a red 91 to a silverstone 04. I have been very happy. I sold my 91 for the only reason of purchasing a 02+ otherwise I would have kept her. The one thing I do miss is having the coupe but that's just my O. You can update an early model to the new look but I just wanted a factory built NSX.

Good luck.

Nik

The one thing I do miss is having the coupe but that's just my O. You can update an early model to the new look but I just wanted a factory built NSX.

Good luck.

Nik

Driven both and I NEED a coupe :biggrin: Can you get an '02+ in a hardtop?

No, you can't.

I though the NSX-R and other special editions were coupes as HONDA KNOWS the best NSXs ever made are Hard TOPs :smile:

I went from a 93 to an 02. I love the 6 speed and the perforated seats...but have to say the best is drving with the top off. I would say I drive with the top off 90% of the time.

Yes, but all US bound '02+ NSXs are NSX-Ts.

Driven both early coupe and later targa and personally wouldn't buck up unless you really want the targa. In the interest of disclosure my comparison isn't stock to stock as I do have a fair amount of tranny, suspension, brake, stiffening, cat back, and chip mods to tighten things up to my liking. YMHO.

I just went from a sweet 91 to and 05. Miss the 91 but never looked back. Love the refinement in the 05!
Nick

Interesting...

I just bought my first NSX (1991 Black/Ivory) and presently own a 07 Honda S2000 as well. Two thoughts have crossed my mind lately:

1. Keep both the NSX (of course) and S2000 as both give two very different and equally cool driving types. I've got the convertible, high rpms, and chuckablility that the S2000 provides and have the coupe NSX, handling, and exclusivity that it provides.

2. I was thinking of also purchasing a newer NA2 version of the NSX but after driving my S2000 this past week I forgot how killer it is as a daily driver! Love this car as well.

So in conclusion I think I'll start modding my NSX (exhaust, new wheels, maybe comptech supercharger) later on and keep the S2000 as my daily driver. I do love the look and refinement of the newer NA2 NSX but I can't afford and have all 3.

Seriously test drive an S2000 if your looking for that open air feeling and especially as the car is a riot to drive.

Jetpilot

I have never tracked the 91 and if I get the 05 it will also never see the track. I want the power steering and the targa top and some of the other refinements. I don't really care for the front of the 05 but if I'm going newer I thought I may as well go as new as I can.

Sorry the reasoning for my last post was you'll end up spending alot more to get the NA2 version where a S2000 might just fit in there perfectly whilst keeping your 1991 NSX - you'll have both of Honda's premier cars.

Jetpilot

Interesting...

I just bought my first NSX (1991 Black/Ivory) and presently own a 07 Honda S2000 as well. Two thoughts have crossed my mind lately:

1. Keep both the NSX (of course) and S2000 as both give two very different and equally cool driving types. I've got the convertible, high rpms, and chuckablility that the S2000 provides and have the coupe NSX, handling, and exclusivity that it provides.

2. I was thinking of also purchasing a newer NA2 version of the NSX but after driving my S2000 this past week I forgot how killer it is as a daily driver! Love this car as well.

So in conclusion I think I'll start modding my NSX (exhaust, new wheels, maybe comptech supercharger) later on and keep the S2000 as my daily driver. I do love the look and refinement of the newer NA2 NSX but I can't afford and have all 3.

Seriously test drive an S2000 if your looking for that open air feeling and especially as the car is a riot to drive.

Jetpilot
I would love to keep the 91 and get the 05 but my wife and my banker don't agree.

Sorry the reasoning for my last post was you'll end up spending alot more to get the NA2 version where a S2000 might just fit in there perfectly whilst keeping your 1991 NSX - you'll have both of Honda's premier cars.

Jetpilot
LOL, I like your sig.

I have never tracked the 91 and if I get the 05 it will also never see the track. I want the power steering and the targa top and some of the other refinements. I don't really care for the front of the 05 but if I'm going newer I thought I may as well go as new as I can.

There weren't many significant changes after the '02 facelift. My thought was to find the "sweet spot" of the market, trading off the depreciation that is still likely to occur on the '05 (minor in the grand scheme but a still few thousand a year) with a car that was still new enough to be covered by a factory or Acura certified warranty to eliminate the "used car risk". Based upon my parameters I ended up with an '03 and figure I saved about 8k by doing so over a similar '05 model.

Pulled the trigger today on a deal for an 05. Pick it up on August the forth. Anyone looking for a good used 91?

You are my first post!
I looked at a '91 w/ 33k miles locally. Tell me all about yours!
Thanks,
Steve

it would be great to have the 6 speed
but i dont mind no power steering ... i get a better feel for the car

PS is only at low speeds it's gone at all higher speeds. Honda only did it for parking.

Pulled the trigger today on a deal for an 05. Pick it up on August the forth. Anyone looking for a good used 91?

was it the red one from Vegas? I almost bought it, but owner and i couldnt meet on price lol

dude no worries at all, and congrats. I thought Bruce said it was going to a dealer, glad it went to a prime member!!!

i was debating if i should buy now or wait anyhow, plus not sure if i got comfortable with the idea of having a red car. i think i want yellow as my #1 choice, maybe even white, but that will be a tough one to get.

I went from a 91 with 49K miles to a brand new 02. I loved the 02 and never regretted parting ways with the 91. All the small improvements, the 20 more horses and the 6 speed made all the difference in the world. I like the updated look much better and I hung onto it for almost 2 years. Traded it in on a new Lambo Gallardo and after a few months, regretted the loss of the NSX. So, I spent about 6 months looking for a replacement for the Imola Orange/Orange toy and finally found it in 06! I new 05 in Chicago at a dealer sitting on the showroom floor. I flew out from San Diego and drove the car home!
I will never sell this car! I have learned from mistakes of the past and these cars are keepers. The technology is dated, the hp isn't that high, but the car is so much fun to drive without having to worry about mechanical failures and also it happens to be my most economical car as far as upkeep and mileage!
Buy the 05!!!!!!!!!!!! You won't regret it!
George

Back