• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

This weekend Sunday the 26th Probably the biggest car show on the west coast of Fl

Kaiser Deveraux.jpg

Who's in?

This is the show that used to be held in the parking lot at Sarasota Square Mall? If so, it's big but definitely an "old iron" type show, not an exotic show.

I wonder why they moved it? Looking at the map, it seems to be north of SR70 on a stretch of back road. Doesn't sound nearly as parking friendly as the mall lot was.

I'm not sure if I'll bother or not. I like car shows, but I'm not thrilled at the location for this one.

there's a line for that, Hugh. I'm ok with it at $100,000 a pop.

there's a line for that, Hugh. I'm ok with it at $100,000 a pop.

You'd pay that much just to get spanked? How much would you pay for a cheese grater to be shoved...................err................never mind.............this is a family friendly website. :)

Well, I drove down there this morning, couldn't find any NSX friendly parking, and drove back out. Everyone was parking in the grass, driving down sidewalks, jumping curbs, etc. Nothing I wanted to try. Weather sucked anyway, it had rained earlier and would rain again later.

I think this location is a total fail. It was fine in the mall parking lot. Lots of entrances & exits, plenty of close parking, food court after... :)

I went, but didn't have the shorty so there was no problem with jumping a curb or two. The show was seemingly smaller than when it was at the mall but still a good hour and a half of car gazing.

Just got back from AZ where Chris cleaned up a broken crankshaft and retuned my baby. She's purring now and ready for you all to join me at the Exotic car show this weekend.

Well, I drove down there this morning, couldn't find any NSX friendly parking, and drove back out. Everyone was parking in the grass, driving down sidewalks, jumping curbs, etc. Nothing I wanted to try. Weather sucked anyway, it had rained earlier and would rain again later.

I think this location is a total fail. It was fine in the mall parking lot. Lots of entrances & exits, plenty of close parking, food court after... :)

Back