• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Those with a VIS ducted hood

I stared this new thread since I was not sure my question would get answered on the other vented duct thread.

Here is my question:

For those with the VIS ducted hood, what connection duct from the radiator to the hood vent is available? SOS was not positive that the down force duct would work with the VIS ducted hood since that have not tried to pair the two up.

VIS did not have an answer for me either!

Thanks,

Mario

Mario, VIS hood ducts are shallow. DF duct will likely work but will not fit up flush like you'd expect. It will though direct hot air up and out like it's suppose to. I personally would not hesitate to try it. I have the Dali duct and it works well with my shallow duct VIS. Looks completely normal.:wink:

Mario, VIS hood ducts are shallow. DF duct will likely work but will not fit up flush like you'd expect. It will though direct hot air up and out like it's suppose to. I personally would not hesitate to try it. I have the Dali duct and it works well with my shallow duct VIS. Looks completely normal.:wink:

Thanks David. I sent an e-mail to Dali earlier today to see if they still make the duct since I could not find it in their products catalog. I have not yet heard back from them. I would prefer to go with the Dali duct since you stated that it works. I don't want to spend money on a duct that "might work".

Thanks again!

I have the VIS with the NSX R Downforce duct (not the one with the shape of the single fan) and it works no problem at all

I have the VIS with the NSX R Downforce duct (not the one with the shape of the single fan) and it works no problem at all

Thanks, that is good to know since I have not heard back from Dali. By any chance do have some photos of the duct. Also. how is the duct attached to the car? Do you need to drill holes or does it use existing attachment points?

Thanks again

I have the Vis hood with the DF duct for the single fan and it fits fine. To make it have a closed off fit to the hood you will need to fab up something which is rather easy. I would send you a pic of my setup but I am currently in AZ.

I have the Vis hood with the DF duct for the single fan and it fits fine. To make it have a closed off fit to the hood you will need to fab up something which is rather easy. I would send you a pic of my setup but I am currently in AZ.

It's good to see someones done it.

Thanks, that is good to know since I have not heard back from Dali. By any chance do have some photos of the duct. Also. how is the duct attached to the car? Do you need to drill holes or does it use existing attachment points?

Thanks again
The top two use existing holes with standard bolts and on the bottom I installed two riv-nutt's onto the battery tray and attached some bolts to those, I will take some photos for you tomorrow

The top two use existing holes with standard bolts and on the bottom I installed two riv-nutt's onto the battery tray and attached some bolts to those, I will take some photos for you tomorrow

Thanks, I'm looking forward to seeing the pic to see how it is attached.

here is some photos of the duct I just thought about this my car is a RHD car so the top two bolt holes may be different but how I mounted the bottom to the battery tray should still work for you I put them in a Dropbox folder https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1glujfidnqeh8b7/AAAa_KXjXSFP7DuE0ZqfVtnpa?dl=0

Thanks Scammy. I see you have an after market front sway bar. I have one too. I also see that in order to clear the bar, you raised the seat point of the fasteners.

Thanks again!

I have had the VIS NSX-R type hood for years and so far it has been working perfectly.
I also have the Downforce airduct that fits over the radiator and these two pieces do not interfere at all.
The only thing I need to do is figure out how to get ALL the air through the duct through the opening in the hood.

Since there is some space left between them (because the VIS is more shallow), some of the hot air ends up under the hood.

Back