• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thoughts on this?

Hi Guys,

I've been looking into the 2nd gen NSX's. The one I particularly am interested is this one: https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...l?listingId=571744360&clickType=myATCsavedcar

Its a 2017 NORD GRAY with 28K Miles, Acura Certified. Here are my questions:

• Does anyone here know this car? feedback?
  • What would be a major service interval for this car? 30k miles? what is involved
  • Is the price high for a 28k miles car? I've seen most listed currently under 15k miles for just a few thousands more

Thank you in advance for your help

I hadn't looked at what is out there in a while.

Only 58 Gen 2 new and used on the site.

I understand that used car prices have been bubbling up.

I just done't see buying used when a new one with full warranty, no miles, no issues, no recalls, no info withheld can be had for not a lot more than that.

The cheapest one listed was under $110K and had under 10K miles. That seemed like a better deal.

Welcome to the forums GWPorsche!

If you want Nord Gray Metallic, consider that it might still be an option for a new car. Honda has made at least one NSX in Nord Gray on special order even after the color was officially discontinued, although I don't know if they still will.

So let's say you order a new one without the carbo-ceramic brakes, and the only extra charge is for the pre-wired charger, pricing is like $159,800

$20K trunk money gets you to $139,800.

Let's say you make a few calls to dealerships and get another $5K off, that gets you to $134,800 for a brand new one.

To me, that is not a lot more than for the 17 with a ton of miles on it.

And don't forget the value of the warranty on the new car ($5K)...... The cars have shown to be reliable for the most part, but still something to think about when buying a used one with miles.

Not that I disagree with the reasoning others have stated that used NSX prices often aren't all that great compared to new, but just like you can negotiate down the price of a new one there's no reason a buyer has to pay the full asking price of a used one. There could be significant wiggle room there, bringing the used price down further.

I still think the updates from 19 on are worth something....

So let's say you order a new one without the carbo-ceramic brakes, and the only extra charge is for the pre-wired charger, pricing is like $159,800

$20K trunk money gets you to $139,800.

Let's say you make a few calls to dealerships and get another $5K off, that gets you to $134,800 for a brand new one.

To me, that is not a lot more than for the 17 with a ton of miles on it.

I personally, my preference only, would not get an NSX without the carbon bits or ceramic brakes so the ones I like are closer to 200k new to begin with. Although...

Thanks to this thread, I got on the phone and located a new car (already built). Of the bat, I got a 31K off the 200K srp. Still a big spread though from 120k to 170k, given both have the same warranty length (CPO)

If you want grey, I’d say buy it since there are no other options out there and that one has all the carbon parts. The CCBs are worth it even if you don’t track the car, just spray off the rims and they are clean.

The source silver is a very nice and has a good deal of flake and pearl in it.

Acura certified extends the bumper to bumper and with the powertrain and hybrid warranties, nothing to worry about.

I’d say grab it before someone else does ;)

Last edited:
This forum offers a lot of opinion, some from actual owners of the NC1 and many from none owners. Keep that in mind. I am very familiar with Tustin Acura. They have a great team with an outstanding Service Manager

Sarah Posell
714-881-4643
[email protected]

She can get you info on what service has been done on the car. I suspect that because they are selling the car with a CPO warranty that all relevant service has been done. The tires are probably new as well. Service in general is pretty minimal-oil change yearly $325, brake fluid flush every two years $150., radiator flush every two years $150. That is about it. A CPO warranty is worth around $5000. This car is loaded. It has all the carbon fiber bits including the rear diffuser, and the carbon brakes. I would not want the stripped down car personally.

So you can buy a new car that has no extras for $170,000 or get a car that has 28,000 miles that MSRP was $200,000 for $123,000. It is a no brained as long as you are good with the color. There is essentially no difference in the cars. The car is so f...king fast that unless you are tracking it, I honestly don’t believe there is a big enough difference. Many folks say the biggest change was the Conti 6 vs the Conti 5. And again the dealer probably put new tires on the car.

You will not suffer a big loss due to depreciation with the 2017 car. You saved money and can add down pipes $4000 and do some other things and have lots of money left over. No one will know that your 2017 is older or newer. Just my 2 cents. Good luck

Last edited:
Oh, least I forget the elephant in the room-28,000miles. Let me say this, while there are less than 3000 NC1 vehicles out there we have not heard of any engine or trans issues. If someone were to sell a 2005 NSX with 28,000 you might suspect it was a new car. While we do not yet have many high mileage NC1 cars out there, I believe this engine/trans is better built and more reliable than the earlier car. My opinion but based upon what I am hearing. So don’t let the mileage scare you.

Oh, least I forget the elephant in the room-28,000miles. Let me say this, while there are less than 3000 NC1 vehicles out there we have not heard of any engine or trans issues. If someone were to sell a 2005 NSX with 28,000 you might suspect it was a new car. While we do not yet have many high mileage NC1 cars out there, I believe this engine/trans is better built and more reliable than the earlier car. My opinion but based upon what I am hearing. So don’t let the mileage scare you.

Might be a bit premature for your call on the powertrain of the NC1 vs the first gen cars. For some, it's all the other tech that's packed into the car that be could be concerning long term.

Back