• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thunderhill weekend 11/16-17

Hi NSX'ers!

NCRC is extremely pleased to announce an event that came our way from our friends with PCA, who decided to cancel their Thunderhill weekend. We have November 16 AND 17, yes, Saturday and Sunday at Thunderhill! We're taking sign-ups right now.

The cost will be $200 for one day, $360 for both days. You can send a check today, or use PayPal (PayPal for this event will be ready by 7:30pm tonight). It'll be first come, first served. Checkout www.ncracing.org/th021116.html for more info.

For those that haven't attended a two day track event, you've been missing out. Seriously, it's not only one of the coolest driving experiences you could have, but is one of the best ways to internalize your learnings on day one by reinforcing on day two. If you think this sounds interesting, you need to go for it. In our initial poll we've received several tentative sign-ups for both days, and over thirty for Saturday alone -- we're expecting to fill fairly quickly. We'll give the priority to two day sign-ups, since this becomes a more meaningful experience and a greater commitment by the driver.

How's this for something different: we'll have camping on site so you can sleep in your car (or under it), use a motor home, tent, or just a sleeping bag. We'll have access to Thunderhill's deluxe bathroom and showers both days. If we get enough folks wanting to camp, we can organize some evening fun.

All of the normal NCRC event features, rules, format, and quality will be present at this event. If you have never run with us we also offer a optional time trial with prizes after lunch.

As always, when registering drop me a note if you want instruction ([email protected]). There is one format change, and that's we'll be running 4 run groups, each run group having four sessions during the day. It'll give a better grouping of drivers/cars driving similar speeds (read: fewer issues with passing). The overall track time will be approximately the same, and you should actually get more time since many folks will actually stay and run the full day -- especially true for Saturday.

I'm really looking forward to a hellova time. It's going to be a great experience!

Hope to see you at the event,

Justin

[This message has been edited by justin hall (edited 10 October 2002).]

Check the pictures from this event at:
http://www.headonphotos.net/html/galleries.html

Click on the NCRC 11/16/02 link.

Andrie also attended with his ivory BMW and Telly attended with his black Miata. Ted (white NSX) is in file 99.

As you will see when you review the un-numbered NSX file - scroll down (and there are 4 pages of pics in the file), you will see the selection of horsepower and race prepped cars ...... notice that they were all behind Al (red NSX) and me (black NSX) when the pics were taken .....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
...... we will not talk about what the next frames would have looked like ....... Especially note the pic where I was leading Al out of turns 12 and 13 by at least a car length, and we all know that the 3.2L has more horsepower so the back straight was mine ..... the rest is history of course as there is no other proof to the contrary, and that is my story and I am sticking to it ..... LOL!

The NCRC events are really a nice and safe driving events/schools with a mix of cars. The last event was was especially entertaining with the GT2 and GT3 Porsches, a kevlar wide-bodied Boxster, race prepped Vipers and Panoz, all with big a$$ wings ......

Their next event is on 12/10 at Laguna Seca, followed by 1/25/03 at Infineon ..... if we get 15 NSXs at Infineon, they will waive the membership requirement for attendance.

And we have finally succumbed to the conclusion that there is no substitute to horsepower and slick tires ..... unless of course if you have talent .....
wink.gif

Back