• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tien Coilovers- Flex Z - Recommend?

Has anyone installed a TEIN 91-96 ACURA NSX (NA1) FLEX Z COILOVERS, VSH14-C1SS3 on their NSX? Would you recommend this product or another coilover brand. Thanks

Has anyone installed a TEIN 91-96 ACURA NSX (NA1) FLEX Z COILOVERS, VSH14-C1SS3 on their NSX? Would you recommend this product or another coilover brand. Thanks

The lower Tein lineup (Flex included) rides like absolute trash. If you're looking for a budget coilover, go with BC. At least they can some what custom valve those coilovers to the spring rates.

I heard the same thing for Tein and avoided them.

In terms of recommendations, lots of folks have KW. It is probably the most common.
Personally, I have Ohlin and pleased with them.

Good luck with your search.

***MODERATOR NOTE***

Moved to correct forum.

I do not recommend the Tein Flex. They ride terribly. KW V3 are probably your best option. If you do a lot of racing/track driving, the JRZ or Ohlins are appropriate. FWIW, I had the BC (with Swift springs) on my 91 and was pleased with the street and track performance.

Thank you all for your .02! What about Fortune coil over kits? Shad with Driving Ambition recommends this.

By far my experience with KW coilovers has been given me the best ride experience. My mothers NSX has the stock struts with TEIN lowering spring and it rides very well. much softer than the KW but if your not tracking your car i wouldnt see why that isnt a viable option for the money. Currently i have TEIN type flex control master and they are stiff, but i still need to set the dampening screw further out for a better ride. My .02 it seems that the TIEN flex series isnt too desirable among the others that have responded here.

So wait how are the fortune set ups. Looking for a coilover for my 92 now since my rims have come in. I get the kw is best among the group but I was told try fortune so I'm curious.

I had Tein and I am so glad that I purchased and installed Kwv3. It is the most OEM like comfort with the look and pleasure that you need

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Back