• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Time to Re-Prime! (NSX wanted again)

Hi guys,

I want to get back into an NSX and I'm looking to start with an automatic model to save on the initial cost and then later swap out for a manual. I'd prefer a 91-94 coupe, so if anyone has a lead please let me know. Honestly trying to stay under $20k. Thanks all!

My old NSX for entertainment's sake:

IMG_2785a1000.jpg

-Josh

Do you really want to convert an auto to a manual......to save money:confused:

Hi guys,

I want to get back into an NSX and I'm looking to start with an automatic model to save on the initial cost and then later swap out for a manual.

-Josh

This is a bad idea, and probably will not save you in cost in the long run at all, rather be more expensive. You are better off holding out for a factory built manual.

They're out there. ;)

They are - but mostly beat, damaged, salvaged, or whatever else. Besides, trying to save money so you can later CONVERT from auto -> manual. This doesn't even make sense and is cost you MORE in the long run.

You should probably re-think your strategy.

Josh - am in the same boat as you! I miss my NSX too and you can still find one from the auctions or on Ebay for a little less than 20K with high mileage between good to fair condition. Good luck! When you sell it, call me! HA! HA!

Yeah, it seems like anyone who sells the NSX thinks about how great of a drive it was.

I sold a few years back and still miss that classic mid-engine shape and driver forward position. Timeless design (both interior and exterior).

-Jason

I've never missed something soooo bad. Looking to aquire another, sooner than later. Black or white to boot!:biggrin:

Hey Josh. What's bringing you back to the NSX? You've had so many cars! I still have your old CF rear spoiler!! :)

Hey Josh. What's bringing you back to the NSX? You've had so many cars! I still have your old CF rear spoiler!! :)

Hey, if I pick up another soon I'll be hitting you up! Cut me a good deal! :biggrin:

So I found this red on black 94 5-speed at Pohanka Acura in Chantilly with VIN JH4NA1158RT000101

Anyone know the previous owner?

Hey, if I pick up another soon I'll be hitting you up! Cut me a good deal! :biggrin:

So I found this red on black 94 5-speed at Pohanka Acura in Chantilly with VIN JH4NA1158RT000101

Anyone know the previous owner?

That's just around the corner from me. I may drive down there to check it out. Do you need some help looking over the car? If so, I'll glad drive over (on a nice day) with my NSX.

I'm less than 5 minutes from Pohanka.

That's just around the corner from me. I may drive down there to check it out. Do you need some help looking over the car? If so, I'll glad drive over (on a nice day) with my NSX.

I'm less than 5 minutes from Pohanka.

I have seen the car, it's has a header, stock cats, a exhaust, dali coolant tank, dali intake, it's got springs on stock shocks. I am sure you have seen photos. http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ctd/1553790621.html wheels look like crap other then that, I haven't driven the car. I was getting parts at the dealer and I saw it there.

Bryan

Last edited:
I would not buy a car from Pohanka
They sooooo screwed me over in the Chevy service department on my truck (different brand but same bank accounts) that I would bring hot dogs and marshmellows if they were burning down.

I drove Pohanka's Red '94 NSX (VIN JH4NA1158RT000101) today as I'm looking to get into an NSX.

Carfax shows two (2) accidents:
1. right side and left front
2. rearend

Here's my review ( and please current owners comment on some items as I'm only comparing to my recent S2000 AP2 in some cases)

1. Wheels are crap and not proper size/offset for the car. It rubs all the plastic with wheel turning to either lock. Curb rash is visible. Stock calipers are showing age, paint missing, ugly. Most likely due to heat.
2. Suspension is modified as noted in above post. Ride is fine
3. Alignment is horribly off - car pulls left
4. Brakes are mushy (How should the pedal feel in comparison to AP2 S2000?)
5. I was disappointed in the throttle response. I know '95 saw TBW but I can't imagine it was suppose to that delayed.
6. I noticed shifting -500 off redline to 2nd and 3rd caught a little. How smooth is the NSX tranny?
7. Pohanka replaced the timing belt and serviced.
8. Intake, coolant tank and other noted mods from above.

Overall, its a bit aged and needs some TLC. 110,000 on the clock is certainly a risk as the mods suggest it was driven hard for most of its life. That life was spend between California and Virginia.

They are asking $24,500 for the car but it needs some immediate attention.

Advice from current owners? Thanks in advance guys.

DigitalGhost

I drove Pohanka's Red '94 NSX (VIN JH4NA1158RT000101) today as I'm looking to get into an NSX.

Advice from current owners? Thanks in advance guys.

DigitalGhost

I would probably pass, unless you have a hard limit of under $30k and you can talk them down a little, especially due to the prior accidents. I'm still a relatively new owner, but I'll give you my thoughts:

2. Suspension is modified as noted in above post. Ride is fine

I'd worry about the short springs on stock shocks. I don't know about the NSX, but I've read on other cars that lowering springs could kill the shocks a lot faster than normal.

3. Alignment is horribly off - car pulls left

This should be part of the negotiation if interested.

4. Brakes are mushy (How should the pedal feel in comparison to AP2 S2000?)

My NA2 has solid feeling brakes- soft enough for street use, but not close to mushy. I don't have experience with an S2000 to compare.

5. I was disappointed in the throttle response. I know '95 saw TBW but I can't imagine it was suppose to that delayed.

It's far easier for me to tell the TBW in my wife's '05 325i than the NSX. I don't notice the difference between TBW and a cable based throttle (then again, I'm not looking for the delay in the NSX).

6. I noticed shifting -500 off redline to 2nd and 3rd caught a little. How smooth is the NSX tranny?

My NA2 feels a little notchy, especially when cold, but I haven't changed the oil yet (and don't have records if it has ever been done). My RSX-S has a bit smoother transmission (using Redline MTF), but I'm also really used to it. I've heard the S2000 has a smoother shifter, but the NSX's is still above average.

7. Pohanka replaced the timing belt and serviced.

At least this was done...

Last edited:
Pohanka has a knowledgeable nsx guy, or at least used to, named John McCain. He took me for a test drive when they had a yellow 05 on the lot last year. He could probably answer a lot of questions for you. He also owns an nsx that he races, so he may let you drive his to compare.

What would scare me is the pulling to the left. Is there frame damage from the accidents?

Back