• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Timing Belt cover and water pump compatibility

I recalled Honda changed the water pump and the lower timing cover (weep hole) long ago.

I am curious if the water pump and the lower timing belt cover with the new weep hole are compatible for both the 3.0 (na1) and 3.2 (na2) motors? Thanks.

I recalled Honda changed the water pump and the lower timing cover (weep hole) long ago.

I am curious if the water pump and the lower timing belt cover with the new weep hole are compatible for both the 3.0 (na1) and 3.2 (na2) motors? Thanks.

Yes, you can only purchase the newer cover and pump as a package, either re-use your 3.2 cover or replace with new one as I did

Yes, search under Larry Bastanza posts as he explains it well and has part numbers too. I did not see a difference between my OEM 3.2 pump and the new one I just installed, I posted a similar question a few weeks ago as I could not purchase just the pump for 3.2, you have to buy the newer lower cover which is required for the 3.0 and pump together which fits both engines.

I read some of your posts and I had the similar confusion because the online part numbers are different for the lower TB cover for the na1 and na2... I figured the water bump may also be different based on the TB cover...

Thanks...

Yes, search under Larry Bastanza posts as he explains it well and has part numbers too. I did not see a difference between my OEM 3.2 pump and the new one I just installed, I posted a similar question a few weeks ago as I could not purchase just the pump for 3.2, you have to buy the newer lower cover which is required for the 3.0 and pump together which fits both engines.

Back