• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tire fitment for TE37 SL

Just ordered TE37 SL from www.wstoshop.com. Friendly service and reasonable price. I would like to get the tires in advance before the wheels arrive. My wheel sizes are 17x7.5 +40 front and 18x9.5 +35 back. Any suggestions for the best size and tires (best tire for the price) for my size? I am keeping my suspension stock for now because of the super bad road conditions here. I need tires that can cover the gap as much as possible. Performance and good side wall to protect the wheels are also considered. The roads here are scary !!!!!

215/40-17 front. I recommend the 255/35-18 in the rear of a '94-05 NSX, and 265/35-18 for a '91-93.

If you want the stickiest street tires you can get and you don't mind relatively short treadlife, get the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec or Yokohama Advan Neova AD08. If you want a bit longer treadlife and slightly less performance (still very good), I recommend the Continental ExtremeContact DW.

Last edited:
215/40-17 front. I recommend the 255/35-18 in the rear of a '94-05 NSX, and 265/35-18 for a '91-93.

If you want the stickiest street tires you can get and you don't mind relatively short treadlife, get the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec or Yokohama Advan Neova AD08. If you want a bit longer treadlife and slightly less performance (still very good), I recommend the Continental ExtremeContact DW.

I heard the Dunlop Z1 are really good but I cannot find a retailer here in the island. The best hook up I have are the toyo t1r but I heard they look smaller compare to the other brands. I am trying to minimum the gap without lower the car. :confused:

I went to yoko retail store yesterday and they quote me $301/ for the S-drive 275x35x18 :eek:

I heard the Dunlop Z1 are really good but I cannot find a retailer here in the island.
Get them shipped from the Tire Rack or Discount Tire Direct.

The best hook up I have are the toyo t1r but I heard they look smaller compare to the other brands.
That's a really crappy tire.

I went to yoko retail store yesterday and they quote me $301/ for the S-drive 275x35x18 :eek:
So now you know not to shop there! The Tire Rack sells the same tire for $185.

However, the S.drive won't give you anywhere near as much grip as the Star Spec or AD08. It will last longer, but if you want a tire that doesn't wear as fast as the Star Spec or AD08, you'll get better performance from the Continental ExtremeContact DW than the S.drive. And there's no need to get 275/35-18. Stick with 255/35-18 or 265/35-18.

I know it doesn't sound like a smart decision but I am always wondering if anyone tried 275/40 18 at the back? how does that feel like?
It's going to cause problems for the TCS. Don't do it.

+1 for the Direzza Star Spec tires. I'm about to put on a set in a few weeks to replace the Potenza S03's that came with these wheels. I had the Star Specs on my stock wheels and I loved them. They do wear fairly fast, though. I agree with the Continentals if you want a longer lasting tire. I have read nothing but good reports about them.

Back