• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tires and More Tires.

well I am confused on what to get.

Now I need to get a 215/40/17 for the fronts and 275/35/18 for the rear..

any suggestions on the tires? anyone?

I know this has been asked before Yet the search only came up with tires with the sizes that I cant use and some of the manafactures dont even make the size I have.

------------------

that is a good choice in tire sizes. I personally have 265/35-18 in the rear, which also works fine, and a bit closer for the TCS.

------------------
Justin
'98 NSX-T Blk/Blk
o Comptech headers / exhaust / airbox
o Koni adjustable suspension w/Comptech springs and sway bars
o Volk TE-37 17/18” wheels

this has been covered in depth, and there are many different opinions. I was running with Dunlop SP8000 for a year, and after going through 3 rear sets I'm now switching to Kumhos. They are very good for what I need in Florida, mostly straight line and rain. I'm also going with 215/40/17 & 265/35/18.

OK after searching for tires that are the same for the size I came up with these..

225-40-17 for the fronts
265-35-18 for the rears.

Yet only one company makes them.. Nitto 555 Extreme.

anyone have any experience with them?

nitto are lame, they are popular in the "rice boy" world as they are check
and come in civic sizes. I know a few
people w/ Nittos that had tumors (large bubble on the sidewall) on the tire! I would go w/ something else.

Try the Toyo Proxes T-1s, I believe they come in those sizes. Give Jeff at Online Tires a call. He has been great! His phone number is 1.877.465.TIRE or the website <href> http://www.onlinetires.com </href>

His prices were excellent, and he went out of his way to help me out of a bind.

------------------
Brian
Austin,TX
95 NSX-T Black/Black

I have had Nittos for about a year now. I am waiting for the fronts to need to be changed and then I am changing away from Nitto. I get between 2,000 and 3,000 miles out of the rears. I always drive with the TCS off.. <UGH!> I have been in extasy the last few days finally pulling my car from storage... haven't been in it since October.... Just looked outside for the first time today... It is F*%$#ing snowing!...

Sorry for the sidetrack.... Nittos do well once the composite is warm and gets sticky but they don't last long at all... I guess it may also depend on how much you drive your NSX... At the rate I drive with these tires.... I am spending $500 every 3 months on rear tires.... I'm kind of on a tire/ oil change schedule.

Originally posted by HapaHaole:

225-40-17 for the fronts
265-35-18 for the rears.

Yet only one company makes them.. Nitto 555 Extreme.

anyone have any experience with them?[/B]

I wouldn't go with the Nitto's either. I think bridgestone makes a 225/40 that would be a better option. It would be easier for you to find tire combinations if you go to a 215 up front - bridgestone, dunlop, michelin, oirelli, yoko, etc....

------------------
Justin
'98 NSX-T Blk/Blk
o Comptech headers / exhaust / airbox
o Koni adjustable suspension w/Comptech springs and sway bars
o Volk TE-37 17/18” wheels

See if they make the Michelin Pilot Sports in the size you need.

Put them on a month ago and they see to work fine.

The Proxy T 1's also look good. Talk to Todd at Schwab on Riley or good and look at them.

97-T @ 14K

I am using the Pirelli P7000 Supersports and currently have almost 5000 miles on them with little signs of wear. I don't track my NSX and I also don't drive like a madman.(My wife may disagree). The tire's treadwear rating is 320, which is pretty good for a performance tire. You can get both 215/40-17 and 275/35-18 from Discount Tire Direct for wholesale with your NSXCA discount if you are a member.

Wow..I didnt know about the Nittos being that bad.. I did see they had a wear of 300..

I guess my only choice is to find a 215 /40 /17 for the fronts and find a company that makes both front and back. I like the Yokohama AVS Sports Yet they dont make a front tire in my size..

I will do some research on the ones you guys recommend and go from there.

Nitto is not bad. I had it in my car for about one and a half year and about 9000 miles with 10 track events on the tires. The tires wears out well and provide ample grip. It's the best bang for the buck. In fact I like it better than the more expensive SP9000. SP9000 gives the feel of squiggerly(sp?) in the track and if u drive hard.

If anybody wears out the tires for less than 9000 miles on the street, they better check their alignment, or suspension component.

Just because a lot of "rice boys" use it it doesn't mean it's a bad products. Actually, more rice boys uses Toyo than Nitto. And for your info, they are the same company.

[This message has been edited by Andrie Hartanto (edited 08 March 2001).]

Originally posted by BlackMonster:
Try the Toyo Proxes T-1s, I believe they come in those sizes. Give Jeff at Online Tires a call. He has been great! His phone number is 1.877.465.TIRE or the website <href> http://www.onlinetires.com </href>

His prices were excellent, and he went out of his way to help me out of a bind.

Ditto
Ditto
Ditto

Same thing for me, great prices, great tire, and they helped me out of a jam.

------------------
BobsYT
2000 Red/Black #81

I saw that post about tires.. Yet my problem is to find one with the SIZE that will fit my tire. Just not avalible on some of the ones that have been mentioned before.

Ok so I have decided after looking at all the posts to what to get.

for the fronts. 225/35/17 Bridgestone
Potenza S-02 N1's

the rears are 285/30/18 Bridgestone
Potenza S-02 N2's

good choice?

TWO EIGHTY FIVE's!

That a lot of meat. I hope it doesn't affect your performance. Any wider and you'll need to buy Comptech's Wide Bidy Kit.
smile.gif
I haven't heard of many people using that wide of a tire. Let us know how you like them.

Good luck.

I have 285s on my car, but I would never use a tire that big without a forced induction because they are heavy.

Originally posted by Lud:
I have 285s on my car, but I would never use a tire that big without a forced induction because they are heavy.

Ok.. so.. can I use the following size then

225/40/17 and 275/35/18

or do I need to use something else? Please guys help me .. I am soooooo sooooo soooo lost in this tire thing.. When I find out what size I need I cant find a tire I like in that size.

[This message has been edited by HapaHaole (edited 10 March 2001).]

One more time:

Toyo Proxes T1S - 215/40-17 and 255,265, or 275/35-18 will work for your situation.

Will work with TCS and they are a very good tire for a reasonable price. I love mine - 225/45-16 - 265/40-17

------------------
BobsYT
2000 Red/Black #81

Back