• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tony George got his hammer out again!

Tony George has his hammer out again!

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/2004-01-22-irl-cart_x.htm

He only wants to put the last nail in the coffin, instead of actually saving CART. I am praying for lightning to strike the idiot grandson as well as hoping for Paul, Jerry and Kevin aka OWRS
to find a way to save CART, and make it better then ever, and to kill the wanna-be NASCAR inferior racing league to pay back all of the traitor back stabbing greedy owners that defected instead of "giving back" to the greatest series on the planet.

I know there will be a few pro-IRL people flaming my comments, but I have been at the USAC/CART races at Road America for 32 consecutive years and know the history of Tony G.

I'm with you!!! It will be sad to see such a great series bought to an end and Tony George winning :mad: :mad: :mad: . I haven't watched an Indy 500 race since the Inferior Racing League (IRL) took over the track! :( :( :(

Re: Tony George has his hammer out again!

T Bell said:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/2004-01-22-irl-cart_x.htm

He only wants to put the last nail in the coffin, instead of actually saving CART. I am praying for lightning to strike the idiot grandson as well as hoping for Paul, Jerry and Kevin aka OWRS
to find a way to save CART, and make it better then ever, and to kill the wanna-be NASCAR inferior racing league to pay back all of the traitor back stabbing greedy owners that defected instead of "giving back" to the greatest series on the planet.

I know there will be a few pro-IRL people flaming my comments, but I have been at the USAC/CART races at Road America for 32 consecutive years and know the history of Tony G.

Ahhh I remember the good old days at RA when you had Dario, Mike, Alex and the boys just pounding on that good old Honda V8 Turbo....O well all you can do is hope for the best of this mess.

Nothing beat sitting @ turn 14 during practice at Road America on a warm sunny friday afternoon (beverage in one hand, brat in the other!) and hearing the Honda turbo's blow-off valves ultra quick "bang" during the climb up the hill. Also the celebrity and sponsorship force at these events was spectacular........The good ole days.

Huzzah! The Apocolypse is appearently not yet upon us if this is any indicator.

Wind Tunnel last night had Paul G talking about the decision... he said they have a fulll schedule for 04 and Road America and Laguna are on it :D I guess we will have to wait and see if they fill the stands this year compared to last years dismal attendance at some places...I sure hope they do.

I thought they had pretty good attendance at Toronto last year. That was my first live CART race (though I've been a CART and F1 fan for over a decade), and I'll be attending probably 2 races this year. I'm hoping to add Montreal or Cleveland assuming all the events from last year are still on (except Fontana).

-Craig

Back