• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

***AVOID SCAMS! DO THIS WHEN PURCHASING!***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the years here at NSX Prime, we have built up a large amount of trust in our small community. It's one of the things that makes the NSX such a great car to be involved with. Unfortunately, bad actors are taking advantage of this trust by hacking into inactive accounts of trusted members and then posing as that member to sell desired items for slightly less than market price. They are copying ads from other members and listing them as their own with a lower price to entice buyers. I myself was nearly fooled by one- they are very convincing.

To combat this fraud, we have implemented a new rule that requires sellers to post a picture of the item with a piece of paper containing their Prime username and the current date. You can also use this rule to protect yourself as a buyer. First, if you do not see the paper in at least one of the pictures, report the ad to the mods and do not send any money. Second, you can ask the seller to send you the picture via PM (or text). If they refuse, or you get ANY STORY about why they can't do it, do not send money and report that member to the mods. I will suspend/ban any member found to be compromised and lock their profile down so they can't log into the forum without resetting their password. I'll also take down the ad.

Ultimately, the rule in the marketplace remains Caveat Emptor! However, we want to try to help our members as best we can. We shouldn't allow these scum to ruin our great community. Taking these small steps can help all of us stay safe. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back