• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

tops Reviews

Targa or Hardtops .
Which is the best and prefer by all
Reviews pls
Both are NSXs and both are excellent. It will completely depend on the individual driver's preference.

I LOVE my targa top! I know, the car is SLIGHTLY heavier for the support but I really don't care. I am not a tracker, just love the twisty's and cars and coffees. I wish someone would start a cigars and cars around here.

I've had a 92 coupe and 95 targa. I love being able to open the top up and getting to hear the car better. You always have the option of driving with the top on. It's just nice to have that extra option of being able to take the top off.

I've only been in a Targa so I don't know what a coupe feels like. I enjoying having the top off cruising around the back roads in the summer. I don't like driving at highway speeds with it off though.

The targa holder on top of the engine bay blocks a decent part of the rear view. With the top off, the car is less structurally stiff and you can feel the difference going over bumps, which is still part of the "experience" for me. I don't mind it. It's a 20-30 year old car at this point so all out performance doesn't really matter to me.

Targas can leak, but I don't think that's very common on our cars.

It all depends on the driver and what they like. Some claim to notice the difference, I wasn't able to. Mind you, Targa's are, for the most part, all power steering and 95-96 come with the 3.0 vs 97+ that are the 3.2 and 6 speed, so IMO, the difference might be from that and not the targa itself.

I take the top off maybe 2-3 times a year, but each time I do it reminds me why it's so nice to have the option. If I tracked it I would probably care more.

Back