• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho
  • ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

"Toy Barn" in Ohio ??? Can anyone recommend?

Does anyone know of the Toy Barn in Dublin, Ohio (just outside of Columbus)?

Are they reputable? How long have they been there? Any details will be appreciated.

Thanks

------------------
wizard.jpg

I live about an hour from columbus, ohio...never heard of that dealership...but as I think about it, those "toy stores" tend to be newer dealerships. Have you called them? Their number is 614-799-5000.

Originally posted by chumch:
I live about an hour from columbus, ohio...never heard of that dealership...but as I think about it, those "toy stores" tend to be newer dealerships. Have you called them? Their number is 614-799-5000.

Yes chumch,

I have an interest in one of their NSXs. They are part of the Roby Group if that means anything.

I just want to know if anyone has done business with them and how was the experience.

Thanks

A guy I worked with bought a 99' Porsche from the Toy Barn. They were recommended by another guy I worked with. They both had good experiences. I tried dealing with them, when I was considering a used vs new NSX. In 2 weeks they never found one. Salesmen were typical.

They mostly deal in used cars. Usualy 1-2 years old. Lots of Porsches, usualy a Lotus and Ferrari or two. They are also a new Panoz dealer.

Roby has been around a while. New car dealer. I've only heard of the ToyBarn the last few years. Don't know how long they've been there.

That's all I have.

------------------
01' NSX-T Silverstone
02' Chevy Avalanche 1500
00' Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300
02' Honda VTX-1800

"...and tend not to share the purchase price of vehicles."

What does this mean? How can you buy a car if you don't know what the purchase price is?

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

Originally posted by Jimbo:
"...and tend not to share the purchase price of vehicles."

What does this mean? How can you buy a car if you don't know what the purchase price is?

-Jim

I think he is talking about the dealer cost, which I don't know of any dealership who willingly shares that info.

My friend looked at buying a car off of these jokers. Now, other than just looking around for fun, I don't even bother talking to them. Their policy is, "You can test drive it after you've bought it." After that response my friend promptly went over to MAG and bought a brand new M3 from "friendlier" service. I've shopped the Toy Barn on several occasions and have yet to see a good deal come out of the place. Most likely it is because my friend and I look like kids though.

Back