• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

track/driving school?

Purchased my NSX in Nov of last year. Would love to take it to the track this year. This will be my first time, so I would like your recommendations on driving schools/instruction/tracks etc in the area (I'm in MD).

Friday at the Track (FATT) at Summitt Point in eastern WV is the best one day setup I have ever experienced. They even have you work one of their cars on a wet skidpad to learn better control. The only downside in my mind is the fact that it runs on Friday instead of the weekend.

I always have fun with these guys, but it is coming up quickly and they may be full.

http://fst.pca.org/

Three day event at VIR north May 13-15.

FATT is booked up till July 15. Don't know if I can wait that long :frown:

The course involves 4x20 min sessions with an instructor and 1x20 min on the skidpad + classroom instruction.

I was expecting more 'driving' time than that. Is this typically how courses are run?

I'm guessing by this response, you do not want to drive to VIR... considering the PCA event is in about 3 weeks.

x

Actually a 4 hour drive wouldn't be that bad...especially in the NSX. When I purchased the car, I drove it down from Illinois to Maryland...probably the most enjoyable 730mile trip in my life.

I did consider signing up...but I won't be able to take the 13th off...and Sunday mornings are usually set aside for church.

Plus...wouldn't I have to take the Porsche club membership?

RSF944 said:
Actually a 4 hour drive wouldn't be that bad...especially in the NSX. When I purchased the car, I drove it down from Illinois to Maryland...probably the most enjoyable 730mile trip in my life.

I did consider signing up...but I won't be able to take the 13th off...and Sunday mornings are usually set aside for church.

Plus...wouldn't I have to take the Porsche club membership?

No.
you only need membership into the BMWCCA.. something that will prove beneficial to you in the long run if you decide to go all out into this..

Actually, now that i think about it.. there's an event this weekend at VIR...

http://track-events.mid-atlantic-aroc.com/

they opened up the event to beginners due to lack of interest b/c the main MAARC website was down so no one knew how to get a hold of this event.

email this guy: [email protected]

if you're interested.

cheers,
x

I'm sure all you regulars would be surprised if I didn't plug Chin Motorsports here. CMS is a leading provider of track time and driving instruction in the SE, visiting more tracks and offering more track time than most other organizations. This season, our schedule has 14 track events totalling 21 track days. And, we were founded by a group of NSX owners, so there are always several NSXs present at every event... All makes are welcome, and our open track format gives access to as much as 5+ hours of track time during the track day. The closest we come to the DC metro is VIR, later in the year. But, we have members from all over the country that participate in our events. See full schedule and more details at http://www.chinmotorsports.com , or email me below.

I have to give CMS credit. Their event format spoils you. If you want the most relaxing event format along with a ton of time.... CMS is worth the money.

x

Thanks VB...replacing my rotors, brake pads and painting my calipers this weekend.

I'll check out Chin motorsports and keep checking various car clubs.

helmet...

Guys...I have an M95 rated helmet.

Can you please tell me if any of the events in our area do not accept M95 rated helmets for track events?

Thanks.

Back